• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lib Dems less popular than SNP - in England!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lib Dems less popular than SNP - in England!

Polling woes worsen for Nick Clegg as party trail SNP ... in England

Its such a shame.

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    They are nothing but middle class lefties with chips on their shoulders. I was watching an interview with one of the Trade Union leaders who was bemoaning a lack of working class members being in positions of responsibility (bring back John Prescott ), and that the labour party had been taken over by office workers with no life experience or experience of the hardship of working in low level jobs. He had a point.
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
      They are nothing but middle class lefties with chips on their shoulders. I was watching an interview with one of the Trade Union leaders who was bemoaning a lack of working class members being in positions of responsibility (bring back John Prescott ), and that the labour party had been taken over by office workers with no life experience or experience of the hardship of working in low level jobs. He had a point.
      WDAS

The Lib Dems were quite happy pontificating and promising stuff the country couldn't afford, and they could do that for one of two reasons

1) they genuinely thought that they could provide them, like 7 year olds with no concept of where money comes from to pay for these things.
      2) they cynically thought that as they'd never be in power they wouldn't be called out on it.

I think it was 1). So now they've had to grow up, but unfortunately their supporters haven't grown up with them.

(I notice that Ed hasn't fallen into the same trap this time of promising more than he can deliver)
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I used to be a Lib Dem fan way in the past, but they've become a bit of a shambles. Their Eco-Loon position is a huge turn off. I disagree that they're like 7 year olds, I think more like 3 or 4 year olds.
        Last edited by BlasterBates; 1 October 2012, 07:31.
        I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          WDAS

The Lib Dems were quite happy pontificating and promising stuff the country couldn't afford, and they could do that for two reasons

1) they genuinely thought that they could provide them, like 7 year olds with no concept of where money comes from to pay for these things.
          2) they cynically thought that as they'd never be in power they wouldn't be called out on it.

I think it was 1). So now they've had to grow up, but unfortunately their supporters haven't grown up with them.

(I notice that Ed hasn't fallen into the same trap this time of promising more than he can deliver)
          I agree with the general view of the Lib Dems, however Ed Balls recent proposal does not add up - he has suggested that the £3billion from 4G licences is used for a stamp duty holiday of 2 years and building 100,000 houses.

Well even if we ignore the stamp duty suggestion, £3billion between 100,000 houses is only £30,000 a house, just how is that going to be possible? The man has no idea.
          "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post
            I agree with the general view of the Lib Dems, however Ed Balls recent proposal does not add up - he has suggested that the £3billion from 4G licences is used for a stamp duty holiday of 2 years and building 100,000 houses.

Well even if we ignore the stamp duty suggestion, £3billion between 100,000 houses is only £30,000 a house, just how is that going to be possible? The man has no idea.
            He's going to build them up North, so the unemployed and them Unionists can get cheaper houses!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MayContainNuts View Post
              He's going to build them up North, so the unemployed and them Unionists can get cheaper houses!!!!
              Even in the north, £30K will not build much of a house, probably wouldn't even buy the land.
              "The budget should be balanced, the Treasury should be refilled, public debt should be reduced, the arrogance of officialdom should be tempered and controlled, and the assistance to foreign lands should be curtailed lest Rome become bankrupt. People must again learn to work, instead of living on public assistance." Cicero

Comment

That's because the SNP are promoting independance for Scotland. Many English are very much in favour of that. It's a policy they can really get behind.
                Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by Waldorf View Post

Yes, that was a new one on me. I was thinking of Ed's response to the Unite bloke demanding pay rises for the Public Sector.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                    WDAS

The Lib Dems were quite happy pontificating and promising stuff the country couldn't afford, and they could do that for two reasons

You must be having a laugh. All politicians lie through their teeth just to get votes and be in power. Nobody actually knows about the fundamentals even when they are in power. The current Labour bunch and the previous ones had no clue how to balance the books. Conservatives are supposed to decrease the deficit and cut public spending but nothing seems to have happened and we are borrowing more per month than ever before.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X