• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What an awful feeling

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What an awful feeling

What is worse than getting up early for an early start and as you are finishing your coffee realizing you overdid it with the alarm clock and could have spent another half an hour in bed.

I am not a morning person.
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Originally posted by doodab View Post
    What is worse than getting up early for an early start and as you are finishing your coffee realizing you overdid it with the alarm clock and could have spent another half an hour in bed.

Have a 'livener'
    Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Never nice when that happens,

I too am not a morning person: to the point of BGG will leave me alone until I give the signal of “good morning, did you sleep well”, which happens about an hour after I get up.

Any attempt at conversation prior to that will be met with monosyllabic grunts & a lot of antagonism
      Growing old is mandatory
      Growing up is optional

Comment

Noe the worst is the other way around and you're finishing off your coffee when you realise that you should be drinking it on the train that's just about to leave...
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Noe the worst is the other way around and you're finishing off your coffee when you realise that you should be drinking it on the train that's just about to leave...
          No - I can handle that. The worst has already happened; the day can only get better.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Actually I think the feeling as you reach for the toilet paper and find there's nothing there just edges it.

Always take a newspaper into the toilet people!
            While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Actually I think the feeling as you reach for the toilet paper and find there's nothing there just edges it.

Always take a newspaper into the toilet people!
              No, it's the feeling when you break wind to great satisfaction only to discover that you've followed through!!!

Comment

Morning All,

What a great day it is to wake up at 8:55 to know that you just have to walk into the other room and boot up that laptop while having a shower and set the kettle boiling. quick check of the emails reveals nothing urgent workwise so it's time to get out the frying pan and get the bacon, sausage, mushrooms and egg out the fridge while having a glance at the morning paper.

radio on, toast is cooked and so its a relaxed breakfast writing a to do list before getting to the "grindstone".

is that the time!! well now it's time to start thinking about what to have for luncha nd write a food shopping list.
                The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Halo Jones View Post
                  Never nice when that happens,

I too am not a morning person: to the point of BGG will leave me alone until I give the signal of “good morning, did you sleep well”, which happens about an hour after I get up.

Any attempt at conversation prior to that will be met with monosyllabic grunts & a lot of antagonism
                  Does he give training sessions? the wife (the little darling) insists on talking to me before the coffee has taken hold, and she is so darn chirpy.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I love mornings. What I hate is going to bed and finding that my 10 year old kids are still up and watching TV. Makes me feel very old.

Comment

Working...
                    X