• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

London iPhone Queue

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

London iPhone Queue

OK immigration is seriously out of control.

Has Apple opened a Sangatte?

If you want a graphic illustration of how unfettered immigration has changed the demographic make-up of Britain, look no further than the picture in Saturday’s Mail of the crowd waiting for the Apple store in London to open.

It looks like the queue for the lorries at Sangatte. There’s even a bloke wrapped in a blanket. I shan’t speculate as to how they can all afford £599 for a new iPhone, although apparently some of them were paid by others to queue up.

Plenty of readers did a double-take, even those who live in our multi-culti capital city.

No doubt the usual suspects will howl ‘racism’, but it is remarkable that the only white face belongs to a blonde bird in a hi-viz jacket.

And she’s probably Polish.

Lib Dem conference: Read my lips... no more Toytown taxes, Nick Clegg | Mail Online
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Originally posted by vetran View Post

OK immigration is seriously out of control. ...
    Good old Daily Mail - They probably sent a hack specially down to the Southall branch of the Apple Store.

(Mind you, I agree that immigration is out of control.)
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
      Good old Daily Mail - They probably sent a hack specially down to the Southall branch of the Apple Store.

(Mind you, I agree that immigration is out of control.)
      It's not just the Daily Mail, it's Richard Littlejohn in the Daily Mail. A nastier combination is hard to imagine

Comment

Could they not find the AppleStore in ChinaTown, or are pictures of Oriental people deemed less offensive?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Could they not find the AppleStore in ChinaTown, or are pictures of Oriental people deemed less offensive?
          Its a picture showing a queue for a generic device which shows 99.9% of people in the queue are asian, in a country with allegedly 8% ethnic minorities.

Its a fact, you can like it or not but you can't dispute it.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I must admit I was surprised when I found a similar picture which I believe mudskipper found was the IPad release...

'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Both taken in Covent Garden, not Southall

Comment

Yep, looks like Covent Garden to me.
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  I must admit I was surprised when I found a similar picture which I believe mudskipper found was the IPad release...
                  Don't think it was me - I normally avoid immigration discussions as my logic wrestles with my inner leftie.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Both taken in Covent Garden, not Southall
                    Nah.

Sheep=Wales
                    +50 Xeno Geek Points
                    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...