• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Green shoots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Green shoots

Has anyone seen any? I know some people in motor trade and construction. They still think things are dire.

I suppose if the economy has grown atall in Q3 its better than the contraction we have just been through. But hardly green shoots.

Its tough when money is concentrated in the hands of the few so does not flow round the economy properly. I struggle to see where growth is going to come from for a few years yet.

The government need to spend more....

SPEND SPEND SPEND.....

Yeah lets spend ...

I'm alright Jack

Comment

US part of my company is reporting sales way up, same in Asia, they expect EMEA sales to follow in next 2-3 years.
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

O&G sector is pretty strong at the moment. 30% more UK based job ads in my field over last 6 months and double the amount if you exclude Aberdeen, boomed with 30% rate rise a few months ago

Comment

Bloody hell, the UK economy actually grew in the third quarter.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Bloody hell, the UK economy actually grew in the third quarter.
            Rubbish! How many firms are members?

according to the British Chambers of Commerce (BCC).

Based on its survey of 7,593 UK firms, the BCC said the economy grew by 0.5% in the third quarter.
            "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
              Rubbish! How many firms are members?
              What do you mean?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post

Its tough when money is concentrated in the hands of the few so does not flow round the economy properly.
                Do you _still_ not get it ?

Money isn't concentrated in the hands of the few but the many - The many Chinese and Indians and other former Third Worlders benefitting from globalization.
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                  Do you _still_ not get it ?

Money isn't concentrated in the hands of the few but the many - The many Chinese and Indians and other former Third Worlders benefitting from globalization.
                  Looking at Asia, most of them are still incredibly poor - their economies are doing well. A bit like the UK in Victorian times.

But looking at the UK, all the money printing has done is get money flowing round the banks. Not nearly enough has fed through to the real economy.

Comment

You can pretty much ignore the GDP figures these days.

We're on a nice downward tragectory for a good few years regardless of what they show.

Inflation will go pretty wild i suspect.

Comment

Working...
                    X