• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CRB vetting to watch your kids play sport?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRB vetting to watch your kids play sport?

Parents without criminal record checks banned from watching their kids play school sport | Mail Online

This must be a wind up surely?

That one school does it, probably not.

Worse is that parents who don't get a CRB check might be viewed with suspicion.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

no its a stupid school with a head and board of governors who now have a lot of explaining to do.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

You mean like the same CRB checks that are run on maths teachers?

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Your post seems to be entirely sarcasm with zero content. What point exactly are you making, that CRB should check future events?

Comment

I helped out on sporting occasions and coaching, occasionally (if home) at the kids school last year and most parents did, and continue to. We all had to have CRB checks. I thinkit makes sense, if on school grounds, etc and don't find it alarming. However, if it's watching your kids play sport competitively against other schools, I think it's a bit odd.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
              I helped out on sporting occasions and coaching, occasionally (if home) at the kids school last year and most parents did, and continue to. We all had to have CRB checks. I thinkit makes sense, if on school grounds, etc and don't find it alarming. However, if it's watching your kids play sport competitively against other schools, I think it's a bit odd.
              I think that is a sensible approach, if you have regular contact in a formal structure where there is a position of trust, coach, scout leader etc, but ad hoc like attending a sports event, or taking someone else's kid to school (think that was a hair-brained idea I read about last year) its ridiculous.
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

If you're interacting with others' kids, there's some sense in it. Standing at a public site watching the kids doing sport under the supervision of teachers etc, what do they think you're going to do?

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
                  If you're interacting with others' kids, there's some sense in it. Standing at a public site watching the kids doing sport under the supervision of teachers etc, what do they think you're going to do?
                  There's always a bloke in a raincoat watching us as we play football in the park. They're ok, they'd give you a lolly if you tugged one of them off - trouble is I'm 51 now and surely it's my turn for the raincoat.....

Comment

I think this comment says it all and should be enough to shame the school...

Other schools in Swindon have no plans to follow Isambard Community School's policy
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X