• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

[CV Related] Here's a new one....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[CV Related] Here's a new one....

Just had a CV passed across my desk and and it came on the letter head of the Contractors LtdCo, now part of me things this is a good idea, shows that its the company you are doing business with, a little bit different (company logo was colorful but not OTT).

Do CV's still need to stand out a little?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    It's made you comment here, so I'd say yes.
    Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I thought about this but decided to use the space to demostrate my skills for a start of. Didn't have any room for anything else. I also really don't think most clients or agents give a stuff. It has made you comment as it is directly relevant to you from a LTD co perspective. I don't think the client will give a gnats chuff about that as long as you can do the work IMO.

I also didn't put it on as a CV is intrinsicly all about the person and their skills. I don't think bringing the LTD into it is useful. Maybe attached a covering letter from the company yes, but the CV is about you and your skills.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        I thought about this but decided to use the space to demostrate my skills for a start of. Didn't have any room for anything else. I also really don't think most clients or agents give a stuff. It has made you comment as it is directly relevant to you from a LTD co perspective. I don't think the client will give a gnats chuff about that as long as you can do the work IMO.

I also didn't put it on as a CV is intrinsicly all about the person and their skills. I don't think bringing the LTD into it is useful. Maybe attached a covering letter from the company yes, but the CV is about you and your skills.
        Company brochure

Denny

Comment

It makes sense to us because we understand it but I reckon it would just confuse things. You'd get numpty HR people saying "Hold on, he's already got a job. Forget about him".

Comment

Originally posted by fckvwls View Post
            Company brochure

Denny
            WTF is this supposed to mean? The client doesn't want a brochure. He wants to see the skills of the individual hence the need for a CV. When he has picked the right individual then he gets in to negotiation with the company.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              Just had a CV passed across my desk and and it came on the letter head of the Contractors LtdCo, now part of me things this is a good idea, shows that its the company you are doing business with, a little bit different (company logo was colorful but not OTT).

I have an interactive CV running Flash with games, puzzles and a competition.
              "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                I have an interactive CV running Flash with games, puzzles and a competition.
                When you print it out does it print the source code so only the clever people can understand it?
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Bunk View Post
                  It makes sense to us because we understand it but I reckon it would just confuse things. You'd get numpty HR people saying "Hold on, he's already got a job. Forget about him".
                  Worse than that I reckon they would say that they want a person and not a company...in true caught by IR35 mentality
                  Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I know for a fact that the main agency I use removes the name of the person on the cv and puts Applicant 1,2,3 etc. in its place to stop the client co going direct so this is irrelevant.
                    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                    X