• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Can my client change my role mid-contract? Awkward feeling Newbie :)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can my client change my role mid-contract? Awkward feeling Newbie :)

Hi All

Not posted much but do like reading the helpful advice on here and now have my first contractor issue which I hope I can get some guidance on from the seasoned membership ...

After 3mths of a contract providing PMO Support to a Perm PMO Lead on a major programme for the client, my client has "approached" me stating the Perm PMO Lead is moving into a PM role and they would like me to "step-up" to the PMO Lead role which includes overseeing 2 Perm PMO Support who currently report into the Perm PMO Lead.
    I have voiced my concerns as this is not the role I was brought in to do and the client is fully aware a new Contract PMO Lead would cost them somewhat more than my rate but they are not able to bring one in at present due to company restrictions.

I feel very awkward at present as do not wish to fall out with the client but additionally do not want to impact my professional reputation by delivering a service that may not be upto standard against what I was initially contracted to do...

I do have some history with the client in that I have worked for them in the past as a perm in a similar role to my current contract role and feel that this may well be to my disadvantage at present as they seem to be thinking of the change in terms of that of a perm rather than me as a contracted service provider....

Hi,

you should probably post this in the professional forum to get the best response.
    If I understand you correctly, the client is aking you to perform a higher level role without paying you the extra money?
    Personally I wouldn't do this but - are you prepared to leave the contract if they 'insist'? You are not a permie any more, old son....
    Hope it works out for you.
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Posting it in General is bad enough but posting the same post twice in general is just suicide. In to him lads!!!

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ng-newbie.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

If you would have searched you would find that this has been asked before

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ng-newbie.html
        Last edited by SimonMac; 2 October 2012, 23:02.
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          If you would have searched you would find that this has been asked before

http://forums.contractoruk.com/gener...ing-newbie.htm
          ROFL!! Brilliant.

Comment

OK - other thread moved somewhere more suitable. This thread remains for the usual drivel of General.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

I've always thought the PMO was an exercise in political correctness and inclusivity, so that people who don't understand the first thing about computers or business can 'join in' the 21st century
              While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

You're the clients paid bitch, accept it or move on. Short of them making you give team blow jobs, they'll do what they pretty much want with you. Either take the moolah and keep your head down, or leave.

What do these people think Contracting is?

Comment

Man up or contracting is not for you.
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by doodab View Post
                    I've always thought the PMO was an exercise in political correctness and inclusivity, so that people who don't understand the first thing about computers or business can 'join in' the 21st century
                    I thought it was to give the women a chance to get a job in IT and stop bitching about it not getting a chance. We have a lady PMO here, makes a great cuppa!

Comment

Working...
                    X