• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When will they learn

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will they learn

This just came through my mailbox.

This is far from a typical Software Developer role. If you are keen to further your knowledge of software engineering and development, this is a unique opportunity to join our team based in our Scarborough office.
    You will need a degree or similar qualification in Software Development or Engineering, or have relevant work experience. A working background in two of the following is preferred:

Java
    Oracle SQL
    Hadoop
    Eclipse Rich Client Platform

Software Developers
    £25,446 + benefits
    Based in Scarborough
    And this is not to outsource to India. The client is GCHQ.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Software Developers
    £25,446 + benefits
    Based in Scarborough

There is job ad at my local Tesco. Driver wanted for home delivery £12.50 ph. That adds up to £26,000pa
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It's amazing how many 'prestidgious' Government departments imagine that their reputation means they can get away with paying 50% less than the Private Sector. Unfortunately, the economic reality is that you don't get the best talent for the lowest salary, however exclusive you may feel your organisation to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
        It's amazing how many 'prestidgious' Government departments imagine that their reputation means they can get away with paying 50% less than the Private Sector. Unfortunately, the economic reality is that you don't get the best talent for the lowest salary, however exclusive you may feel your organisation to be.
        They are now going to make a case for offshoring/nearshoring/onshoring their IT based on the fact that they cannot get the IT staff they need.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Why not go for it? You'd double your present salary.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            They are now going to make a case for offshoring/nearshoring/onshoring their IT based on the fact that they cannot get the IT staff they need.
            I doubt it, given who the client is. Non UK nationals aren't eligible for those roles.

Comment

If I were younger, I'd do this, just for the DV clearance to be frank. That's worth biccies later in the game.

Benefits are good too, so it's a worthwhile one if you want to think about the long game.

Comment

I think it is worth applying. Imagine listening to all of DA's phone calls and getting all his contacts! You can make a fortune afterwards! Plan B anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Imagine listening to both of DA's phone calls and getting all his contacts! You can make a fortune afterwards! Plan B anyone?
                  FTFY
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Imagine listening to all of DA's phone calls and getting all his contacts! You can make a fortune afterwards! Plan B anyone?
                    They'd all be 0844 numbers, for to lady boys, and to chat to Shaunyboy.

I feel suddenly ill.

Comment

Working...
                    X