• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Funeral Food

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Funeral Food

I've been entrusted with the catering arrangements for the funeral of a recently deceased elderly relative and I'm looking at injecting a little pizzazz into the occasion with something a little above and beyond the usual funeral fayre which normally seems to consist of a few strategically placed trays of limp cucumber sandwiches.

Now, I must confess to being a little stuck for ideas so, as usual, it's over to my dear friends at CUK to pique my imagination with some inspirational suggestions.

Nothing too spicy mind you, I don't want a repeat of the last family gathering at which my great aunt Hilda sneezed her false teeth across the church hall after being overcome by Malc's wasabi peas.

I also want something that can be eaten with the minimum of fuss and mess. Damage limitation to the our Axminster shag pile is of prime concern and I don't want my cheese slipping from its cracker worrying about it all through the event.

Any ideas from our resident epicureans would be most appreciated.
    Last edited by gricerboy; 3 October 2012, 11:15.

Originally posted by gricerboy View Post
    I've been entrusted with the catering arrangements for the funeral of a recently deceased elderly relative and I'm looking at injecting a little pizzazz into the occasion with something a little above and beyond the usual funeral fayre which normally seems to consist of a few strategically placed trays of limp cucumber sandwiches.

Now, I must confess to being a little stuck for ideas so, as usual, it's over too my dear friends at CUK to pique my imagination with some inspirational suggestions.

Nothing too spicy mind you, I don't want a repeat of the last family gathering at which my great aunt Hilda sneezed her false teeth across the church hall after being overcome by Malc's wasabi peas.

I also want something that can be eaten with the minimum of fuss and mess. Damage limitation to the our Axminster shag pile is of prime concern and I don't want my cheese slipping from its cracker worrying about it all through the event.

Any ideas from our resident epicureans would be most appreciated.
    In times of economic hardship why not fry up the body and incinerate the leftovers?
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

BBQ?

Comment

Just get some M&S platters sandwiches, wraps etc, sausage rolls etc, ok its not anything glam but good quality and people will appreciate that.
        I like big butts and I cannot lie.

Comment

Cheese fondue whilst the other punters warm some marshmallows?

Comment

Vegetable samosas

one day at a time

Comment

Whatever you end up organising I hope it gives you fatal food poisoning.
              Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Have it at the local gastropub and ask them to sort it all out.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

HTH
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Having just been to a funeral for an elderly relative, you have to look at the audience and the age. We had the traditional buffet, with the traditional sherry trifle, as that is exactly what the majority of the audience liked...

Me - I would want a bar serving a good selection of Real Ale & a hog roast

Comment

Working...
                    X