• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Interview today - tips?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interview today - tips?

In line with a new eco-friendly lifestyle (WIP), I’m interviewing for a postman’s job later today so I can walk to work. I’ve had enough of databases and people in IT and don’t need the money.

Any tips?

Wish me luck.

one day at a time

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
    In line with a new eco-friendly lifestyle (WIP), I’m interviewing for a postman’s job later today so I can walk to work. I’ve had enough of databases and people in IT and don’t need the money.

Any tips?

Wish me luck.

Always carry a razor blade & pritt stick so you can easily take any money out from birthday cards and then glue back the envelopes.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

I _DO_ wish you luck

I've always liked the idea of being a postman too, I hope it works out for you.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
        I _DO_ wish you luck

I've always liked the idea of being a postman too, I hope it works out for you.
        I had a friend who liked the idea of buying a milkmans franchise, saying he could still earn good money (45-50) and be outside walking all day.

The franchise only cost him £7500 and he started, lasting 6 weeks before it all got to him.

Good luck in the interview if its what you want to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          it all got to him
          What was it that got to him? The walking? The being outside freezing yer nuts off in winter? The early starts? All those naughty housewives in need of a good seeing to?

Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            What was it that got to him? The walking? The being outside freezing yer nuts off in winter? The early starts? All those naughty housewives in need of a good seeing to?

Just curious.
            He said the round he had bought had a start time of 2am, and he couldn't adjust it for 6 months as part of T&C's. He said the expected onslaught of scantily clad housewies desperate for a shag ended up being many late middle aged women just wanting a chat, so a 6 hour round was actually sometimes 10, it was full on 6 days a week, rain or shine you had to do it, and you lost mooney, when people just wouldn't pay. He said, more than anything, you're a social worker, with people talking about their problem all the time.

He got robbed once too.

I think it was one of those things that sounded excellent in the head.

Comment

I've got two mates that are posties. One ex City Boy who never worked after Barings and the other an ex care home manager who had a nervous breakdown when Labour brought in all the red tape.

All I know is they are both unstressed, happy, start early and are in the pub by 14:00.
              ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                I've got two mates that are posties. One ex City Boy who never worked after Barings and the other an ex care home manager who had a nervous breakdown when Labour brought in all the red tape.

All I know is they are both unstressed, happy, start early and are in the pub by 14:00.
                That's the lifestyle I want. Spot on!

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post

My Dad (RIP Dad, would have been 70 a week ago...) was a postman and so was my brother they both hated it! my Bro was offered £2k to leave the post in the Garage for this bloke cos he was having a Fatal Attraction type affair and his inamorata was send letters to the house, and my Dad had his Red van nicked by a black bloke (this was before coloureds could be seen in positions positions of authority*) - we Dad yanked him out, these days risked an assault charge, but it was the old buggers fault at least partly by leaving it running with the keys in. In Bolton.....

Bro never took the offer, he had principles back then. Now he's a Social Worker...

* Alan Partridge said that!

Comment

Originally posted by oscarose View Post
                    Any tips?
                    Try not to run over Jess. It upsets the kids.

Comment

Working...
                    X