• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Face to face with your accountant

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Face to face with your accountant

Hi All,

I just wanted to enquire if those of you that use the most prominent contractor accountants have every met your accountant in the flesh so to speak ?

Before anyone has a go, I'm simply interested in the answers, I think there is no need in this day and age but someone else here is arguing the personal approach i.e. face to face with tea and biscuits is still needed.

I have in the past, but I Skype them these days.

I don't think that there's a need anymore unless they're local (mine is the other side of the country).
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

The office my accountant works from is about 10 mins drive away, and on tuesdays he offers the opportunity to meet clients for face to face meetings.

This was one of the reasons I opted for his service, as I feel If I'm paying for a service, asking for a face to face meeting isnt asking for too much.

Thanks.

Comment

I dont think face-to-face with accountant is needed. Many people in this forum has Online accountants.

Just we have to follow the steps online given by them. You will get more reply from Accountants who provide online services here.

Comment

I have met them twice, on ce when I signed up, then a 2nd time when I signed up a mate....

I do not need face to face, Email & telephone are fine

Comment

Originally posted by aceboy View Post
            I have met them twice, on ce when I signed up, then a 2nd time when I signed up a mate....

I do not need face to face, Email & telephone are fine
            Thanks Aceboy, are they a contractor accountant ? Therefore the accountancy work is realitively straightforward as opposed to traditional high street accountants that meet clients as a matter of course and charge by the hour ?

Comment

Haven't met my accountant in 3 years. I had a one man band who I met face to face and it just didn't work. He just said he would get back to me with everything I asked. My current accountant mails me back within a day so never felt the need.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                Haven't met my accountant in 3 years.....My current accountant mails me back within a day so never felt the need.
                Most of our clients would respond broadly like this. I've probably met ~25% of our clients, as there's really no need, and many aren't local.

If everything is provided promptly and efficiently via email, with phone conversations available for when something needs discussing in a bit more detail, why the need for face to face?

Comment

Originally posted by geoff from contracta IOM View Post
                  Thanks Aceboy, are they a contractor accountant ? Therefore the accountancy work is realitively straightforward as opposed to traditional high street accountants that meet clients as a matter of course and charge by the hour ?
                  Yes they specalise in IT contractors

Comment

Originally posted by geoff from contracta IOM View Post
                    The world is changing.

I own a firm which has a mixture of clients, but with contractors being a specalism.

In most cases, even non contractor clients, we don't meet face to face. Suits some people, not others.

TBH I think its no big deal these days. I needed a speclaist lawyer for something recently, specalism rather then geography was the key, and everything dealt with by phone/email.

That said a tea and biscuit approach is nice occasionally.

Comment

Working...
                    X