• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Umbrella Company Fees

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Umbrella Company Fees

Hi all,
    I have been with my umbrella company over 2 years now on same assignment.
    For those first 2 years I was able to claim non billable expenses.
    Now, after 2 years on same assignment, I am unable to claim any non-billable expenses.
    As my umbrella company don't have to process any expenses for me now and just process my timesheet each week, is it reasonable to request a reduction in their fees .. ?
    They are obviously doing far less work on my behalf and yet they are taking the same fee as before.
    Any thoughts welcome please.
    Regards

There's no harm in asking, but I suspect the answer will be no. If they're an efficient umbrella business, processing expenses should be system driven via a web portal (with you sending in receipts afterwards) so the extra work they would normally have done for you is marginal.

Comment

Working...
    X