• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you had measles?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you had measles?

I was just looking at the FCO travel advice page on health issues in Sub Saharan Africa and there, listed alongside cholera and polio et al was measles and they talk about it as something that is now mainly found in developing nations.

Was common here not long ago. I had it - was off school for about 3 weeks. Don't remember it being that bad oddly enough - was delirious for much if the duration .

I guess it's the potential complications that are the worry though.

Nope, never had it. Had the vaccines though, and I've been to Africa several times.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
      I've had it.

Never been to Africa though.
      I think the most dangerous places in Africa are probably the ubiquitous Indian restaurants, closely followed by Eritrea, Somalia and Jo'burg. I say 'closely followed by' because at least if some bastard shoots you you'll die quickly.

Africa's being rapidly and irreversibly Bobbed, and the locals don't like it. The locals anywhere in Africa will tell you they don't dare eat in Indian restaurants, and that's coming from people who laugh in the face of malaria, sleeping sickness and ebola.
      Last edited by Mich the Tester; 3 October 2012, 15:12.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Had it twice as a very young child. You're supposed to only have it once, as infection normally confers immunity; but it seems it didn't take the first time

Comment

I didn't catch anything until I was in my mid twenties. Got measles at 24, chicken pox at 25. Never had mumps.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Got it when I was 7 years old in the late '60s. Got the ear infection as well but luckily my hearing recovered.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Never had measles. Does having had syphilis count?

Comment

Never had mumps
                Me neither. If we get it MF I will challenge you to a space hopper race.

PS Hey! welcome back!

Does having had syphilis count?
                More fun catching it at least.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Never had measles. Does having had syphilis count?
                  It does if you got the spots, I think.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Working...
                  X