• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Big chickens in Prague

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big chickens in Prague

Day 2 in Bratislava after 3 days in Prague and boy they must have big chickens there. Weather is gorgeous and beer is damn cheap (got it down to €1.19 for a half liter in one pub.) And I do have to say, the women are also very pleasing on the eye. Food is pretty good and there are lots of old buildings to see. The hotel room is also very nice with the bathroom next to the bedroom with a large shower (rain shower) which has a window out onto the bedroom so I can watch Frau D. exfoliating

They do drive like ******* nutters though, also came across these which are quite different
    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    Day 2 in Bratislava after 3 days in Prague and boy they must have big chickens there. Weather is gorgeous and beer is damn cheap (got it down to €1.19 for a half liter in one pub.) And I do have to say, the women are also very pleasing on the eye. Food is pretty good and there are lots of old buildings to see. The hotel room is also very nice with the bathroom next to the bedroom with a large shower (rain shower) which has a window out onto the bedroom so I can watch Frau D. exfoliating

They do drive like ******* nutters though, also came across these which are quite different
    You can get beer a lot cheaper outside the centre and the food is also much cheaper too. I made the mistake of ordering soup and a main course at one restaurant. The massive soup came with fresh bread and made me full. Two courses and two large beers cost me £6.00.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      You can get beer a lot cheaper outside the centre and the food is also much cheaper too. I made the mistake of ordering soup and a main course at one restaurant. The massive soup came with fresh bread and made me full. Two courses and two large beers cost me £6.00.
      Went to Hybernia one evening which is pretty cool. I especially like the tables (for 4) against the bar where you have your own beer taps so you can pour your own. Even though our bill was a bit higher, in the region of €30 for 2, it was still a lot cheaper than Germany and the UK for the food and beer we consumed. Plus I could smoke!
      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Ah Petržalka, I remember it well...

Take a nice bottle of Becherovka home with you!
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Ah Petržalka, I remember it well...

Take a nice bottle of Becherovka home with you!
          You can't buy any booze in the Czech Republic at the moment which contains more than 20% ethanol due to counterfeit tulip on the market. Its playing hell in the bars at the moment. In one place there was this older Englishman who ordered a Becherovka and the barman was trying to explain to him why he couldn't have one yet he continued to harangue the poor chap. I was temptted to intervene and ask if he had the news recently and if he had then he would know but as he seemed a Tunbridge Wells type of chap he probably hadn't. We encountered him at breakfast the next morning and it wasn't part of his booking, the conversation went like this:

Old Englishman (OE): A table for one for breakfast please
          Breakfast Girlie (BG): Your room number please
          OE: nnnnn
          BG: You do not have a booking
          OE: I know
          BG: Then you will have to pay extra. You can pay cash now or put it on your bill
          OE: I always do
          BG: Do what?
          OE: The usual
          Me and Frau D: What a ******* ******

Not as bad as the pissed up Brits in the old town in Bratislava today.

(Managed to find beer for only €0,70 there today!)

Comment

Any pics?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
              Any pics?
              Yep:

and:

and:

Comment

Working...
              X