• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OK, which one of you is it?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, which one of you is it?

BBC News - Brighton all-you-can eat restaurant bans two 'greedy' diners

It's not a man it's an eating machine
    While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

5 bowls? hardly pushing it, bet they are big egg cups.

£12 hardly cheap, its £6 in Slough, never been told off for eating too much.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Yesterday at the team lunch I ate 6 sandwiches - I don't think anyone else got more than 2.

Survival of the fattest.....

Comment

I think I'll side with the owner and his view they were bad customers rather than that they ate too much.

Has OH accused SB yet?
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I think I'll side with the owner and his view they were bad customers rather than that they ate too much.

Has OH accused SB yet?
          have visited Gobi, in Middle Street, twice a month for two years to take advantage of the £12 deal.
          So they only realised they were rude after 48 visits?

Comment

So they only realised they ate too much after 48 visits?
            Originally posted by MaryPoppins
            I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
            Originally posted by vetran
            Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
              So they only realised they ate too much after 48 visits?
              maybe they only got the courage to redefine 'unlimited' and impose a 'fair usage limit' after 48 visits. Were I a cynic I would suspect they are on hard times and are cutting costs.

[QUOTE"As we were eating the last bowl, the owner came up and said never to come back again, we're disgusting, and we're eating him out of business, so we're nothing but filthy pigs.[/QUOTE]

quite telling.

The owner who barred them is currently on holiday, but has admitted calling them pigs.
              Co-owner Peter Westgate said: "Like when the shark shuts its eyes before it feeds, they're like that. They just get to the buffet and whatever happens they just pile it in.

"They muck the buffet up for everyone, they push and shuffle people from the barbecue area

Or the customers may just have become incredibly rude with familiarity, but there is no suggestion they were warned about their behaviour which is probably what you would do if they were a little aggressive getting to the buffet but were regular customers.

difficult to tell without the full facts and possibly an interview. So either could be the answer.

Comment

Fook me, was shaunyboy in Brighton? He did actually state in a post the other day he was off for a night out at a mongolian.

No wonder they banned that fat chunt.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                  Fook me, was shaunyboy in Brighton? He did actually state in a post the other day he was off for a night out at a mongolian.

No wonder they banned that fat chunt.
                  yawn

Comment

Working...
                  X