• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Cocaine Kate has the Last Laugh 250,000 of them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cocaine Kate has the Last Laugh 250,000 of them

Incompetence is the new fashion it seems, a cool quarter of a million of hard working UK taxpayers money ... wasted !! Tough on Crime ...

SIR Ian Blair came under fire last night over his handling of the Kate Moss cocaine probe fiasco.

The Met police chief's nine-month, £250,000 investigation into the Mirror's pictures of the model snorting white powder fell apart after prosecutors decided they could not be sure it was coke, ecstasy or amphetamines.

And critics said the probe was a waste of time and money and should never have begun.

London's Crown Prosecution Service chief Rene Barclay said a lack of real evidence forced lawyers to ditch the case.

He added: "The footage provides an absolutely clear indication Ms Moss was using controlled drugs and providing them to others.

"However, in the absence of any forensic evidence, or direct eye-witness evidence about the substance in question, its precise nature could not be established.

"As the available evidence fell short of establishing the necessary crucial facts, we decided there was no realistic prospect of a conviction."

A CPS insider added: "We had no doubt she was taking cocaine and passing it on. Our expert was utterly convinced she was taking a controlled drug. But we just didn't know what it was."

Sir Ian's pledge to crack down on middle-class and celebrity drug-users was in tatters as Kate, 32, was told no further action would be taken. The day he started the job, he vowed: "People think their weekend wrap of 'charlie' is harm-free but not for much longer. I think we have to make a few examples of people."

And after our exclusive pictures of Kate snorting coke with boyfriend Pete Doherty, the Met Commissioner said he was personally involved in the decision to investigate her.

He added: "We have to look at the impact of this kind of behaviour on impressionable young people."

But critics accused Sir Ian of using the probe to make himself look good.

Former Flying Squad chief John O'Connor said Sir Ian and Assistant Commissioner Tariq Ghaffur should never have started the investigation.

He added: "They didn't have her caught in possession of the drug, so really Ghaffur saying he was going to interview Kate Moss was grandstanding. He knows full well that, unless you catch someone in possession, you haven't got a case."

"Sir Ian Blair was also grandstanding. It was done purely for spin and image to give the impression they are doing something about celebrities sending out a bad example."
    Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 16 June 2006, 08:50.

Dont see what you British see in this Moss dog. She is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen!

Mailman

Comment

Ah you've fallen for it, haven't you

Originally posted by Mailman
      Dont see what you British see in this Moss dog. She is one of the ugliest women I have ever seen!

Mailman

Meeja think she's wonderful translates into most-loved and admired woman
      meeja get paid for printing pictures of england footballers' wives translates into everybody wants to see pictures of england footballer's wives
      meeja like big brother translates into big brother is a popular television show
      it's the ***** of, sorry, cult of celebrity generated by the meeja.
      It's easy to unravel though. Just take the opposite viewpoint to the meeja and you have a sensible balanced (generally) opinion which is actually held by thinking people.
      On the other hand why is that twat Blair, no, the police one, not being kicked out of his job. The twat wastes our money to no effect other than to get his name in the papers. He's a famehound who should be taken outside quietly and fed to the pigs.
      Why not?

Comment

Originally posted by Dundeegeorge
        Meeja think she's wonderful translates into most-loved and admired woman
        meeja get paid for printing pictures of england footballers' wives translates into everybody wants to see pictures of england footballer's wives
        meeja like big brother translates into big brother is a popular television show
        it's the ***** of, sorry, cult of celebrity generated by the meeja.
        It's easy to unravel though. Just take the opposite viewpoint to the meeja and you have a sensible balanced (generally) opinion which is actually held by thinking people.
        On the other hand why is that twat Blair, no, the police one, not being kicked out of his job. The twat wastes our money to no effect other than to get his name in the papers. He's a famehound who should be taken outside quietly and fed to the pigs.
        I take it you have a somewhat low opinion of our wonderful meeja George.

...and I don't think pigs should be maltreated in that fashion.

You've come right out the other side of the forest of irony and ended up in the desert of wrong.

Comment

Made me laugh, they couldn't prove what substance

she was taking, Errr mirror, razor blade, small packet, white powder.

Comment

Not at all bogey

Originally posted by bogeyman
            I take it you have a somewhat low opinion of our wonderful meeja George.

...and I don't think pigs should be maltreated in that fashion.

the meeja would have to go way way up in my estimation to rate as low.
            Why not?

Comment

Working...
            X