• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

ios 6 - exchange issues

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ios 6 - exchange issues

from engadget

there's a potentially more glaring problem with Exchange support. Some users quick to upgrade to Apple's latest mobile OS report losing automatic push delivery of their email, requiring that they check for themselves to get any fresh messages. The issue isn't carrier- or device-specific, and attempts to reboot, reconfigure or restore devices are at best temporary fixes: what flows smoothly at first runs dry several hours later. Apple technicians are aware that the flaw exists, but it's tough to know if and when engineers will have a fix -- the company typically waits until it has a solution in hand before it goes on the record.
    and annoyingly this affects me partly, I get exchange mail sent directly to ipad and android phone and had noticed that my phone seems to get new mail far quicker than the ipad.

oh and here's another issue with exchange and ios6

MacRumors has learned that at least one Fortune 500 company is requesting that its employees not upgrade to iOS 6 over a bug with Microsoft Exchange meeting invitations. The issue has also been reported on Apple's support discussion boards.

The issue appears when users decline a meeting invitation from an iOS 6 device. Instead of simply sending a notification to the meeting organizer that the user will not attend, iOS 6 is sending meeting cancellation notices to the entire distribution list, effectively canceling the invitation for all attendees.
    oh dear, Steve Jobs must be turning in his grave, iOS6 seems not to be the polished "it just works" OS of days gone by
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

You've never seen a bug in software before, then?

Comment

Originally posted by Epiphone View Post
      You've never seen a bug in software before, then?
      But people are paying a premium for these devices as they are supposed to be superior to the competition.

Ever heard of beta testing?
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

There was the daylight saving time bug which occurred several times while Jobs was alive

Comment

Working...
        X