• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Have you stopped reading the news?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have you stopped reading the news?

Things like this:

BBC News - April Jones abduction: New plea on Mark Bridger whereabouts

Gary Glitter 'raped a girl in Jimmy Savile's dressing room' - Telegraph

make me so sad I wonder why I read the news at all

We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
    - Douglas Adams

Not to mention all the conflicts about to kick off. China vs Japan, Iran vs Israel, Turkey vs Syria, N Korea vs S Korea. Why don't Ladbrokes take bets on these things?
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I stopped reading the news years ago.

The day I started reading the Daily Mail infact.

Now, where is Kelly Brook on holiday this week and how much is her house worth?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        I stopped reading the news years ago.

The day I started reading the Daily Mail infact.

Now, where is Kelly Brook on holiday this week and how much is her house worth?

Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

I stopped watching the news some years ago, reading it is easy. I just dont read the bits I dont give a toss about. Which is most of it tbh. Just looked on Sky News and Telegraph websites, nothing of interest there.

Though this caught my eye on the mail, about police dragging a 50 year old man out of swimming pool for shouting at kids for splashing him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...immer-out.html

And they wonder why people go Ralph Moat on them, and children have no respect.
          Last edited by escapeUK; 4 October 2012, 17:20.

Comment

I stopped watching, reading, listening to the news a few years back when I was under a lot of stress and I felt the bad news just added to it. I've never looked back.

There are a few only good news websites out there if you still want some news.

Al.
            Back at the coal face

Comment

CUK is the only reliable news source. No speculation, no extrapolation.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                No!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate the sound of a ticking clock! Almost as bad as when someone files their nails.
                What happens in General, stays in General.
                You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                  Er, the disease is spread by ticks.

That's why it doesn't go tick tock tick tock

*snigger*

I normally throw out clocks that go tick, as they're missing their tock

Comment

It's all either incredibly depressing or mind numbingly tedious.

Checked the Telegraph last night before I crashed out. What were they leading with? Their live blog of what was going on on Question Time. I mean, really, WGAS?

Think I might make it a News Years resolution to not watch or read any news at all over 2013.

Comment

Working...
                    X