• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Personal tax liability

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal tax liability

Hi

I have been contracting 13yrs and I believe I may have a personal tax liability this year.
    Can anyone recommend a "good and reliable" practice that could sort this for me at a reasonable fee as my accountant of the same period is getting very greedy..

cheers

Tony

I think this one should stay in General.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by tonym182 View Post
      Hi

I have been contracting 13yrs and I believe I may have a personal tax liability this year.
      Can anyone recommend a "good and reliable" practice that could sort this for me at a reasonable fee as my accountant of the same period is getting very greedy..

cheers

Tony
      You would have had a personal tax liability every year. I recommend:

A Couple of Big Lads
      Cage One
      NLUK's Flat
      Under the Knocking Shop
      Kirkby Stephen
      Nr Leicester
      Saxony
      Bolton

Comment

Originally posted by tonym182 View Post
        Hi

cheers

Tony
        And you haven't had any liability for the previous 12 years? What have you been living off?
        We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
        - Douglas Adams

Comment

I think the word liability applies to a lot more than his tax here....
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I can recommend Dewey, Cheatem & Howe, let me know if you need contact details as I doubt you will be smart enough to Google them for yourself
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I think this one should stay in General.
              Thanks NAT, u twisted person!!

Comment

Yes, a good and reliable practice is to get an accountant who tells you how much you have to pay and then pay it, however painful that may be. In the past, people were sent to Australia for not paying taxes, but no such luck will befall the modern scoundrel; you'll be sent to Pentonville or some other dark and dank establishment.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Yes, a good and reliable practice is to get an accountant who tells you how much you have to pay and then pay it, however painful that may be. In the past, people were sent to Australia for not paying taxes, but no such luck will befall the modern scoundrel; you'll be sent to Pentonville or some other dark and dank establishment.
                  If you go to Armley ask for a guy called Darren
                  Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                  I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    If you go to Belmarsh ask for a guy called Darren
                    FTFY
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X