• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

And theyre off. Hamza going on holiday

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And theyre off. Hamza going on holiday

BBC News - LIVE: Abu Hamza extradition ruling
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

I wonder if it will be on a island.....
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

At last some backbone!

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I wonder if it will be on a island.....
        not for a while I suspect, I imagine he will get a nice clean luxurious cell while the cameras roll but I think in a year or two they may take him to Cuba to work on his tan.
        Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Didn't Jordan want him extradited there as well?

Was that the case where the European Court of Human Rights prevented it because past evidence against him might have been obtained with torture or some such?

Could the US extradite him to Jordan when they have finished with him?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
            Why? Had he had his hooks on Harvey?
            If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post

Was that the case where the European Court of Human Rights prevented it because past evidence against him might have been obtained with torture or some such?

Could the US extradite him to Jordan when they have finished with him?
              I think that was some other throughly rotten chap.
              If at first you don't succeed... skydiving is not for you!

Comment

I think there's a clear case for Abu Hamza to be extradited, but to be honest I think Babar Ahmad has been treated very badly by his country. Being extradited to the US merely for running a website that the Americans didn't like? If the content of that UK-managed site wasn't sufficient for him to have been prosecuted in UK Courts, then it shouldn't have been strong enough for him to be extradited to face poor parody of a justice system that exists in the US.

Comment

I believe his site was hosted in the states. I am not too sure he knew it was hosted in the states, but that's what I have been told.

Comment

Some of the live tweets on the BBC homepage on this topic are hilarious - looks like they came from the authors of the sites that got him into trouble in the first place!
                    We don't have to save the world. The world is big enough to look after itself. What we have to be concerned about is whether or not the world we live in will be capable of sustaining us in it.
                    - Douglas Adams

Comment

Working...
                    X