• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rocking out to ELO

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rocking out to ELO

The classic concert in the flying saucer, Wembley 1978, on BBC4 right now.

Thought some of you might appreciate the heads up.

Old Violinski's there giving it some! Remember his 1979 hit, Clot Dance?
    Last edited by palatino winotype; 5 October 2012, 21:19.

I missed it. By coincidence, I was rooting about the tube tonight and played Showdown.

Comment

I missed it too Mr Blue Sky.
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by palatino winotype View Post
        The classic concert in the flying saucer, Wembley 1978, on BBC4 right now.

Thought some of you might appreciate the heads up.

Old Violinski's there giving it some! Remember his 1979 hit, Clot Dance?
        Recorded the entire evenings worth of ELO stuff on BBC4. Will sit down tomorrow and re-live my childhood.
        nomadd liked this post

Comment

How did you get so old?

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
            How did you get so old?
            Simply by living.
            (Still in my 40's, BTW, so think I have a couple or so years left yet - fingers crossed. I'll hang up my hat when Daniel Craig does, as by your measure, he's 'old' too. )
            nomadd liked this post

Comment

Cliff Richard and the Shadows is where it´s at

We were doing some music in the pub last night just fooling around really, and then we played The Young Ones, and it went down a storm.

You see Cliff and the Shads. is just so in...but most people just haven´t realised it. Too many old fogey bands playing it to other old fogeys, but this stuff is just so cool..it belongs in the cool locaions
              I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
                Cliff Richard and the Shadows is where it´s at

We were doing some music in the pub last night just fooling around really, and then we played The Young Ones, and it went down a storm.

You see Cliff and the Shads. is just so in...but most people just haven´t realised it. Too many old fogey bands playing it to other old fogeys, but this stuff is just so cool..it belongs in the cool locaions
                Well said...although I prefer the Shadows by themselves, they did some excellent stuff. They're quite popular in Germany and I've seen some great old rare vinyl and even bought an old 7" of him from 1964

To dispel those autumn blues:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  Well said...although I prefer the Shadows by themselves, they did some excellent stuff.
                  +1
                  nomadd liked this post

Comment

...and this is how it all started

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Working...
                    X