• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Endomondo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Endomondo

Just started playing with this on my phone.

It's great - lets you track routes, see lap times, and I think you can set pace etc - haven't experimented with all the options yet.

Workouts are automatically loaded to the website, and you can see history, join challenges with your friends etc. You can choose whether or not to publish to other social networking sites.

It shows you stats - best mile, best 3 miles etc, and best of all, how many burgers you've burned!

Really impressed so far, and wondering why I'd need to spend 300 squiddlies on something like a Garmin forerunner (which I had been planning to do).

Bought an 'armband' to put the phone in - I suppose the only downside is you can't actually see it when you're running, but it gives audio cues (1 mile in 9 minutes 20 seconds etc.).

Edit: If anyone else is using it and wants to 'befriend' me, PM me your details.

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Just started playing with this on my phone.

It's great - lets you track routes, see lap times, and I think you can set pace etc - haven't experimented with all the options yet.

Workouts are automatically loaded to the website, and you can see history, join challenges with your friends etc. You can choose whether or not to publish to other social networking sites.

It shows you stats - best mile, best 3 miles etc, and best of all, how many burgers you've burned!

Really impressed so far, and wondering why I'd need to spend 300 squiddlies on something like a Garmin forerunner (which I had been planning to do).

Bought an 'armband' to put the phone in - I suppose the only downside is you can't actually see it when you're running, but it gives audio cues (1 mile in 9 minutes 20 seconds etc.).

Edit: If anyone else is using it and wants to 'befriend' me, PM me your details.
    I'll send you my details

I think the garmin watches tend to be more accurate plus you can upload the data from those to the Endomondo site so you can still track your runs
    Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
      I'll send you my details

I think the garmin watches tend to be more accurate plus you can upload the data from those to the Endomondo site so you can still track your runs
      Yeah, possibly more accurate, although the Endomondo tracks I've done look pretty good. I've always found my bike Garmin to be pretty crap under trees etc - but think the watches are better. There's a Garmin Connect thing too which at a glance looks to be a similar offering.

Think I'll play with Endomondo a bit more before I fork out for something more sophisticated - not sure my level of training really justifies it.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        ... how many burgers you've burned!
        Feck that. How about bottles of wine?

Comment

I've been using the Nike+ app, but been missing an HRM (mine died a while ago) so I'm going to splash out on a Garmin Forerunner (prob the 210, can get a new one for £140 on ebay).
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Working...
          X