• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

It's spreading is Auntie about to be ripped apart?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's spreading is Auntie about to be ripped apart?

BBC News - Jimmy Savile abuse claims: BBC apologises and pledges inquiry

"Are there new things as an organisation we should look at and examine?'"

The corporation also faces fresh questions about whether staff turned a blind eye to a broader culture of harassment of women at work.

On Saturday, former BBC Radio 1 DJ Liz Kershaw said she had been regularly fondled in the 1980s by another colleague, who she did not name.

And on Sunday, comedian Sandi Toksvig says she was groped by a "famous individual" while she was broadcasting in the 1980s.

Ms Toksvig, 54, did not indicate where she was working at the time but said when she told staff "everybody thought it was amusing".
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

A relation of Michs perhaps?
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
      A relation of Michs perhaps?
      The one that turned Sandy Toksvig gay you mean?

Comment

Why the hell would anyone want to grope Sandy Toksvig ?? That's one seriously sick mother hubbard

Comment

Originally posted by Basil Fawlty View Post
          Why the hell would anyone want to grope Sandy Toksvig ?? That's one seriously sick mother hubbard
          Must have been a dwarf she's seriously tiny.

Comment

It's probably not PC to say so, but to be honest I can't be bothered when people allege wrongdoing but are reluctant to name the person they're making an allegation against. When Ulrika Johnson did it, I felt she was just attention seeking. I feel the same way about Sandy Toksvig's allegation. And Liz Kershaw is only prepared to name someone that's dead, whilst at the same time being reluctant to accuse someone that's apparently still alive (and who presumably therefore is still a threat to other women). Put up or shut up, ladies. There's no point in making vague accusations regarding people you're not prepared to make formal complaints about.

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
              It's probably not PC to say so, but to be honest I can't be bothered when people allege wrongdoing but are reluctant to name the person they're making an allegation against. When Ulrika Johnson did it, I felt she was just attention seeking. I feel the same way about Sandy Toksvig's allegation. And Liz Kershaw is only prepared to name someone that's dead, whilst at the same time being reluctant to accuse someone that's apparently still alive (and presumably therefore still a threat to other women). Put up or shut up, ladies; there's no point in making vague accusation
              s regarding people you're not prepared to make formal complaints about.
              So nobody has offered to weigh your tits then Gentile?

Comment

Hmm. Yes, but sometimes doing the right thing can be far more stressful than the incident.
                bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
                John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

After such a rash of allegations the NOTW had to close down. Could this be the end of the BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    After such a rash of allegations the NOTW had to close down. Could this be the end of the BBC?
                    Well Jim can't fix it any more can he?
                    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                    X