• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tax return for 2011-2012

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax return for 2011-2012

Hi ,

I was working as a permanent employee till Jan 10 2012. Then I joined as a contractor and took the service of umbrella company. Before to this ( till 2011 ) every time I get a P60 and I just do the tax return online using that.

For 2011-12 year I have not got the P60 from my previous company nor from the current umbrella company.

My question is how I would I know how much tax is deposited for that tax year and how should I go about this while doing the tax return online.

Thanks

Hi,

Do you like films about gladiators?
    Have you bled your radiators?

These are the questions of import.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Get the figures off the P45 from your previous employer.
      Contact the umbrella co for a copy of your P60 (or use your last 2011-12 wageslip.
      PS - are you sure they didn't send you an electronic P60?

PPS - have you tried bleeding the radiators again?
      +50 Xeno Geek Points
      Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
      As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Originally posted by lalitswain View Post
        Hi ,

I was working as a permanent employee till Jan 10 2012. Then I joined as a contractor and took the service of umbrella company. Before to this ( till 2011 ) every time I get a P60 and I just do the tax return online using that.

For 2011-12 year I have not got the P60 from my previous company nor from the current umbrella company.

My question is how I would I know how much tax is deposited for that tax year and how should I go about this while doing the tax return online.

Thanks
        Hi,

A P60 is only given to an employee who is still in employment at the end of the tax year. For the employment you left in January, you should use the information given on part 1a of your P45.

Employers are obliged to provide employees with their P60 by no later than 31st May following the end of the tax year. It is therefore likely that you have received this, probably by email as most employers are now sending them electronically. If you do not have it you should request the details from your employer. Alternatively, you could use the details from your final payslip for 2011/12 as advised by Zippy, but be careful as sometimes the 'year to date' figures contain figures from previous employments as well.

I hope this helps.

Martin

Comment

Working...
        X