• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How was your weekend?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How was your weekend?

Pleasant time of year I find, the gap between the end of summer and the proper arrival of autumn (i.e. christmas decorations in the shops ).

U7 rugby tournament went well for No.1 son this weekend, got himself a hat trick through some excellent support play. Followed up by an impromptu visit to Kew Gardens, just luverly!

Also, if I may, I will share this quote with regards to a certain international sporting fixture this weekend:

The much-vaunted Highveld crowd mirrored their team's effort as they made it very clear to the All Blacks they weren't in Auckland anymore in the early stages but the corridors were filled with fans leaving the stadium with ten minutes left on the clock.

Did you all make the most of it?
    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Was on a stag do for a good friend from Uni. Was great to catch up with some old faces but again the realisation that I can't do two days straight on the pop anymore.

Comment

Assessing bike course for double iron man. Incredibly tough. Assorted wildlife in roads. Streams overflowing into road. Restricted width to calm traffic in many places. Fooking mare.

But visiting Beaulieu was nice.

Comment

Quiet, did a lot of cooking.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by norrahe View Post
          Quiet, did a lot of cooking.
          WNS
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

The highlight of the weekend was playing "The Young Ones" from Cliff Richard with a couple of pals at a going away party.

What a nice song that is.
            I'm alright Jack

Comment

How was your weekend?

Ate a lot of junk and went on bum-puckering rides at Nottingham Goose Fair
              "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
              - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
                Ate a lot of junk and went on bum-puckering rides at Nottingham Goose Fair
                I had to look that up. Apparently it has nothing to do with the (internet) dictionary definition of goosing:

goosing: present participle of goose (Verb)
                Verb:
                1) Poke (someone) between the buttocks.

Top wordplay from cojak nonetheless, 20 pts.
                Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

i got a bulls-eye on the 11th ball at top golf. woo hoo!

discovered the discrepancy between bank and accounts. seems an expense payment of nearly 4k didn't get processed in july. woo and bloody woo!

Comment

Decided to paint the kitchen. Done 1 and a half coats, I ache all over, and it looks awful - reckon it's going to need 4 coats (covering bright orange with 'buttermilk')

Comment

Working...
                    X