• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BAe/EADs merger

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BAe/EADs merger

WTF is that all about? Can't BAe survive on its own? Do we really want to give up our largest manufacturer to even partial control of the French/German governments? Would they do it? Isn't this is a really good way for BAe to lose US business? Has everyone gone mad?
    Time for emigration, I think.
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Yeah!!
    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Somewhere with no Internet.

Comment

WTF is that all about? Can't BAe survive on its own?
        No because the uk defence cuts fall on one supplier due to there being only 1 supplier once BAe bought Vickers, the shipyards....

Oh and the US cuts backs are hitting the non-Us suppliers more than the Us suppliers. and guess who is the only big non-Us supplier on the pentagon go to list?
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

get ready for a qinetico style resurgence with the shareholders being mainly politicians.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

I believe they will save 0.01% of their costs as they will not require 2 head offices.

This will cause the shares to rise by 0.1% - BOOMED.

Its all about the money.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              I believe they will save 0.01% of their costs as they will not require 2 head offices.

This will cause the shares to rise by 0.1% - BOOMED.

Its all about the money.
              Be careful, because your little joke may quickly transmogrify into "analysts' expectations" and if they then only save 0.009% on costs, the share price will fall by 0.1% and several thousand people will lose their jobs when some fool with an MBA presses the big red button on the redundancy randomiser.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

25 years ago I worked for GEC-Marconi, one of the biggest companies in the UK at the time. Apparently what's left of it is part of BAe now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  25 years ago I worked for GEC-Marconi, one of the biggest companies in the UK at the time. Apparently what's left of it is part of BAe now.
                  And now BAe will be the rump of EADs. You can bet the Germans and French will exercise their rights to protect their interests. The British government will have no stake in what is a strategic industry.
                  Apparently the Germans are demanding the HQ should be in MUnich
                  Cheeky feckers, the must be laughing about how they've won the peace while the UK continues it's decline due to naive free market policies.
                  Hard Brexit now!
                  #prayfornodeal

Comment

If so that would damage our economy. To say nothing of losing expertise and employment in another key industry.

Comment

Working...
                    X