• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Public sector permies getting iPads

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public sector permies getting iPads

Apparenty some govt departments are getting iPads included in their shiny new Win 7 deployments. Don't think even IBs buy iPads for their employees do they?

Now cough up your fair share!
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

IBs don't like you working outside the office for security reasons so an iPad would be banned on those grounds alone.
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post
      Apparenty some govt departments are getting iPads included in their shiny new Win 7 deployments. Don't think even IBs buy iPads for their employees do they?

Now cough up your fair share!
      Not new news. A government department project I was working on bought 7,000 of them. No apps worked on them and only used for Internet.
      "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

I know they have been deployed extensively in some areas of the NHS, but in that context I hear they're actually pretty damn useful (or have the potential to be).
        Originally posted by MaryPoppins
        I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
        Originally posted by vetran
        Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          I know they have been deployed extensively in some areas of the NHS, but in that context I hear they're actually pretty damn useful (or have the potential to be).
          That's what they said about Win CE and mobile 3G/Bluetooth.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
            Not new news. A government department project I was working on bought 7,000 of them. No apps worked on them and only used for Internet.
            I wonder what they paid for them. 20 grand each from some approved government supplier I shouldn't wonder.

Comment

Meh, whatever they spend the money on they steal from you it wont be a benefit to you.

Comment

Working...
              X