• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Rice

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rice

Why, no matter how little you cook, do you always end up with twice as much as you need?

Is it magic?

Chuck the rest in the fridge and stir fry it tomorrow - bonus

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
      Chuck the rest in the fridge and stir fry it tomorrow - bonus
      More likely, chuck in the fridge and throw out 3 days later.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
        Why, no matter how little you cook, do you always end up with twice as much as you need?

Is it magic?
        There's a longer explanation involving exponential sequences and how many grains of rice can fit on a chess board if you start with a single grain on one square and put twice as much on each successive square. However, the short answer to your question is "yes".

Comment

"Cook little pot, cook"

Comment

the missus gets a chinese with singapore fried rice.

I ONLY EVER get a starter. ribs or something. Because the bloody rice is enough to feed the 5,000. never mind the meal and my starter,
            and the next day I fry it up and there is STILL some left over.

plus its full of prawns and bits of cat. listen MAO, its supposed to be RICE .OK

i dont think he's listening

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Eyes bigger than your stomach my dear old mum used to say... Actually she still does.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gentile View Post
                There's a longer explanation involving exponential sequences and how many grains of rice can fit on a chess board if you start with a single grain on one square and put twice as much on each successive square. However, the short answer to your question is "yes".
                Jeez. No offense but every post you make you sound like an autistic man. Interesting
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  Jeez. No offense but every post you make you sound like an autistic man. Interesting
                  ignore everything before the but

- confucious-optimist 250bc lager dynasty
                  (\__/)
                  (>'.'<)
                  ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                    Women can be autistic as well.

They just don't show it by train spotting or plane spotting.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                    X