• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Today is World Mental Health Day

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is World Mental Health Day

Serious question. Anyone on here suffered from this? i.e. depression 'the curse of the perfectionists'.
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

the voices tell me I can't answer that
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
      Serious question. Anyone on here suffered from this? i.e. depression 'the curse of the perfectionists'.
      Glib font wibble.
      What happens in General, stays in General.
      You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
        Serious answer. Yep. Been mildly depressed for most of my adult life, and probably before. From time to time I get really low, but only had 'treatment' once - always feels like the kind of thing you should be able to get yourself out of, after all it's all 'up there'.

I do wonder (and admire) how people can go from day to day feeling joyous and happy, to me it all feels like a bit of a trudge through life, and things to 'look forward to' seem transient and unimportant in the grander scheme of things.

Well - you did ask.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
          Serious answer. Yep. Been mildly depressed for most of my adult life, and probably before. From time to time I get really low, but only had 'treatment' once - always feels like the kind of thing you should be able to get yourself out of, after all it's all 'up there'.

I do wonder (and admire) how people can go from day to day feeling joyous and happy, to me it all feels like a bit of a trudge through life, and things to 'look forward to' seem transient and unimportant in the grander scheme of things.

Well - you did ask.
          Well I admire you for being honest. There is too much stigma attached in my opinion. I know a little about it as Mrs Gibbon heads a team looking after the poor souls. Some are really messed up, but most just need a little help to get back on with life and some just need to know there's somewhere to go and talk once in a while.
          But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Luckily, no. But I have seen it close up and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy
            (\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Never suffered from depression. But caused it in quite a few people.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                <cough>

They are the mad ones.

<cough>
                WTGALS!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post

Well - you did ask.
                  Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

d000hg is not on the autistic spectrum.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X