• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

VOIP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VOIP

I want a low cost, no tie-in VOIP provider. I want to be able to install a hardware speaker phone / conference phone, mainly because I've never used my Mac for this purpose and as its client facing, i want quality.

Any suggestions? Incoming number would be good to.

Cheers,
    G
    I didn't say it was your ******* fault, I said I was blaming you!

Have a look at sipgate.co.uk

GE

Comment

I haven't used them but have seen people recommend Voipfone - Award Winning Telephone Services For Business over on UKBF, where they are active members.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
        I haven't used them but have seen people recommend Voipfone - Award Winning Telephone Services For Business over on UKBF, where they are active members.
        I use them and have done for a fair while. Had no problems.

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
          Been using them for years. Great.
          World's Best Martini

Comment

Originally posted by scooby View Post
            I want a low cost, no tie-in VOIP provider. I want to be able to install a hardware speaker phone / conference phone, mainly because I've never used my Mac for this purpose and as its client facing, i want quality.

Any suggestions? Incoming number would be good to.

Cheers,
            G
            I've been using voipfone (for outgoing calls only) for a couple of years and not had any problems although to be fair my usage is low enough that I probably wouldn't notice any outages. For incoming calls I have an 0845 number with a separate provider. It can be routed to the SIP address but I prefer to have it routed to my landline so it is independent of the broadband connection.

Voipfone will also sell you a UK geographical number for about £2/mo. I think with the Sipgate basic "residential" package you get a geographical number thrown in for free.

Voipfone will set the outgoing Caller ID to an arbitrary number (given proof of ownership), including mobiles and 08xx. Sipgate will also set outgoing Caller ID but only to the number they assigned you.

I'm not aware of any other subscription-free SIP providers.

Comment

Working...
            X