• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Oh Dear: My old Comprehensive is now a Ltd, I wonder why ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh Dear: My old Comprehensive is now a Ltd, I wonder why ?

Afternoon All,

quick question....

the State School Comprehensive I went to is now a registered Ltd company, and still a State School Comprehensive, but it s Ltd company.

On top of this, comparing the list of Directors to the Teachers list on the school website, it looks like half of the teachers are Directors of the Ltd company.

I wonder why on earth they'd do that ? Organise the school like and and make half the teachers directors ?

I wonder if the teachers who are directors get dividends at the end of the year ?

What does the congregation think ? Surprised the newspapers haven't spotted this.

Milan.

Is this the first step to converting to an Academy?

(I don't know, it's just something someone could look up...)
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
      I wonder if the teachers who are directors get dividends at the end of the year ?
      If they are shareholders they might.

There's money to be made running special needs schools.

Comment

Zeity,

it's on the side where the Dyke starts from, ie, not your side, infact about a mile from the start.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
          If they are shareholders they might.

There's money to be made running special needs schools.

less of it you cheeky cant

Milan.

Comment

What is this comprehensive thing? Is that where the oiks go? So like Harrow....

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
              Is this the first step to converting to an Academy?

(I don't know, it's just something someone could look up...)
              Not the first step it will be an academy.

The school will consist of a charitable entity (not a charity managed by the charity commission) and a trading company (limited by Guarantee so no shareholders).

In theory the school's accounts (including the salaries of all staff governors) should be accessible on the school's website as director's remuneration should be publicly accessible and academy governors are directors of the company. They won't be but legally there should be there. (That bit is a DoE screw up which came to light last week and is really causing headaches as schools discover the fact and staff governors resign).

I can dig up the gory details if you want but don't go there as it makes internet RFC's look like page turning thrillers.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                I can dig up the gory details if you want but don't go there as it makes internet RFC's look like page turning thrillers.

Quote of the day!
                Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Milan.
                  You need to be a shareholder not a director to get dividends. I would have thought any contractor not stupid enough to be using an umbrella would know that.

Get back to tape changing.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Afternoon All,

quick question....

the State School Comprehensive I went to is now a registered Ltd company, and still a State School Comprehensive, but it s Ltd company.

On top of this, comparing the list of Directors to the Teachers list on the school website, it looks like half of the teachers are Directors of the Ltd company.

I wonder why on earth they'd do that ? Organise the school like and and make half the teachers directors ?

What does the congregation think ? Surprised the newspapers haven't spotted this.

Milan.

You are asking us why they did this ?

To make money, that's why. Next !
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Working...
                    X