• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is This Odd?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is This Odd?

Been in my new contract 2 weeks now.

Was telling the bloke across the aisle from me in the office that I was going down to Burnham on Saturday last to take part in a golf tournament.

Turns out this bloke, also a contractor, lives up the road in Weston.

Saturday comes round and just as I'm about to hole a 6 footer on the 18th a familiar figure strolls to the centre of the green removes the flag and issues a round of applause as my ball plops into the hole.

Yes, it was the chap from work who then invited himself along to the clubhouse.

Is it just me or us there something just a little bit odd about someone I barely know going out of his way to do this ?

Get in there Malc. You've pulled.

Or alternatively, no, it's not odd, maybe he's just a friendly person.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post
      Is it just me or us there something just a little bit odd
      You are quite right. Golf is very odd.

Comment

He was probably going to be there anyway and happened to recognise you.
        "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          You are quite right. Golf is very odd.
          WHS
          Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
          I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm Buggeridge View Post

Saturday comes round and just as I'm about to hole a 6 footer on the 18th a familiar figure strolls to the centre of the green removes the flag and issues a round of applause as my ball plops into the hole.
            Poor form old boy.

The flag would should have been out as you were putting the 6 footer.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
              Poor form old boy.

No, I normally leave it in for anything over 4 foot and my playing partner removes the flag once the ball is on its way.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveTimes View Post
                Poor form old boy.

Good point, it's almost like it didn't happen.

Comment

Hello Malc. That was an amazing coincidence indeed!

However, I'm a bit of a stickler for golf etiquette. If he just popped up out of nowhere as you describe, to raise his flag as you stuck it in the hole, I should point out that he had no right to be on the green.

The correct action on reaching the clubhouse would have been to report him to the Steward for such a transgression and have him ejaculated from the premises.

Although, not if he had actually been playing against you in disguise. There is nothing within the rules to prevent him doing that, as long as he declared his correct handicap.

Now that that's out of the way, did you win? Or post a good score?

Comment

I'll start you on the next one.

This reminds me of when I was a member of the erstwhile Balls Cross Sunset Dreamers Canasta League. It was around the time I had developed a prediliction for............ visit to A&E.........took it off below the knee.....close shave.....jumpers for goalposts...SNAKE, SNAKE!... Her husband had been entombed in ice...
                    Last edited by ZARDOZ; 10 October 2012, 13:26.

Comment

Working...
                    X