• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BBQ marinades

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BBQ marinades

Afternoon - what marinades do you make to marinade meat prior to BBQing...

Reggae Reggae sauce

every time

Comment

Ta

Does anyone make their own?

Comment

Beef: Guinness & marmite
        Lamb: mint & garlic
        Chicken: Lemon & herb
        Pork: Cider & pear
        Banana’s: Chocolate & marshmallow
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

Gordon Ramsays Honey Mustard Pork Chops has to be the favourite from comments at several Chef Towers BBQs
          The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Honey and English Mustard works a treat on Pork.
            “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

I do, but it's not something I can put in a recipe; just chuck in some paprika powder, some Worcestershire sauce, some garlic and some olive oil then add anything I think it needs, ranging from cloves to parsley to tabasco depending on what 'smells right'. Works well with kangaroo meat.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I do, but it's not something I can put in a recipe; just chuck in some paprika powder, some Worcestershire sauce, some garlic and some olive oil then add anything I think it needs, ranging from cloves to parsley to tabasco depending on what 'smells right'. Works well with kangaroo meat.
                Pretty much my approach. Typically garlic, olive oil, paprika, chilli and some soy & pepper then work out which direction you want to go eg ginger/lemon grass, cumin/corriander seeds or just more chilli.

Simples.

Comment

For white meat; pepper, worcestershire sauce, lime juice, olive oil.
                  Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Cover it in dripping from your frying pan that hasn't been emptied for a month or so, lick off the spare dripping and show both sides briefly to a heat source and devour. Anyone for a BBQ at mine??
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X