• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

This "Jimmy Savile" thing...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This "Jimmy Savile" thing...

...why has it taken his victims so long to mention what happened?

Just asking, like...

Another thing, "due process" seems to have been rolled up and hidden behind the couch, where's the proof?

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
    good question
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Just asking, like...

Another thing, "due process" seems to have been rolled up and hidden behind the couch, where's the proof?
      People who are vulnerable to people like Jimmy savile are usually the type who would not want to raise their heads above the parapet. When someone is in a position of such power (same applies to people who were abused by priests) only the very strong will stand up. The strong would never have let Jimmy Savile touch them in the first place so they would have nothing to complain about in later years.

Just saying like...
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

WHS

Because he's dead the headlines can be as salacious as they like without any possibility of legal recourse.

Yesterday it was 120 lines of enquiry, today 25 people, nothing particularly concrete today. Todays article was of a 17 year old complaining he said she had nice tits and trying to grope them. If on that basis of being a total lech we should villify a man I say we should send down Mich The (I'd do 'em) Tester and throw away the key.
        What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

will someone buy his headstone and try to make a work surface from it ?

Comment

By all accounts a few individuals came out over the years, there was a police investigation but no evidence was found at the time.

A deeper investigation was carried out by Newsnight, but the BBC Lawyers dropped it so the people involved went to ITV who broadcast it, I am sure some money changed hands to get people to tell their story safe in the knowledge that they could not have any come back as the guy is now dead.

But thats just my opinion
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Just asking, like...

In this country especially due to the press we have you are guilty until proven innocent, you only have to remmember the landlord of the girl from Bristol who was destroyed by the press.

having said that there does appear to be a massive amount of evidence against him but still the question remains why now and not while he was alive

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                WHS

Because he's dead the headlines can be as salacious as they like without any possibility of legal recourse.

Yesterday it was 120 lines of enquiry, today 25 people, nothing particularly concrete today. Todays article was of a 17 year old complaining he said she had nice tits and trying to grope them. If on that basis of being a total lech we should villify a man I say we should send down Mich The (I'd do 'em) Tester and throw away the key.
                Erm, by the way, all the women I fancy and have posted on here are adults, and not 'just legal', but real, proper adults.
                And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Erm, by the way, all the women I fancy and have posted on here are adults, and not 'just legal', but real, proper adults.
                  Or blokes pretending to be women. How does it feel to be groomed?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by Support Monkey View Post
                    In this country especially due to the press we have you are guilty until proven innocent, you only have to remmember the landlord of the girl from Bristol who was destroyed by the press.

having said that there does appear to be a massive amount of evidence against him but still the question remains why now then now then as it happens and not while he was alive
                    FTFY

Comment

Working...
                    X