• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lift me up where I belong - waste of a good copper

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lift me up where I belong - waste of a good copper

Sorry its a Daily Heil article but its the first one I found with a video.

Police officer spared jail after CCTV captures him using 'pain restraint' on boy, 15, who wouldn't empty his pockets | Mail Online

personally I think the officer needed 'words of advice' and some training along with his colleagues, not a suspended sentence. He failed to clearly warn the scrote he would be forcibly searched. The kid was quite small so the pain hanging in the air may have been quite noticeable so maybe that should have been considered.

However the kid may have also had a knife on him and there was a reasonable chance someone could have been seriously hurt if the kid pulled it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Personally I think this is just another example of our police getting away with crimes of violence when they'd throw away the key if it was you or me.

Comment

he restrained him, there was no permanent damage, they could possibly have spent a little more time leading up to it and making sure he knew the consequences but how would you have dealt with the situation?

He had to be searched, he refused, he was an unknown quantity and a potential danger to all.

Comment

He had been in the custody suite at Swinton police station in Greater Manchester ‘numerous times’ before
        So on numerous previous occasions they'd managed to deal with the situation calmly.

Please don't fall into the trap of excusing this bully's behaviour just because (a) he's a copper, (b) the boy's a wrong 'un.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          So on numerous previous occasions they'd managed to deal with the situation calmly.

Please don't fall into the trap of excusing this bully's behaviour just because (a) he's a copper, (b) the boy's a wrong 'un.
          A lot of these scrotes need a short sharp shock. He's been in custody numerous times, which means he's been a pain in the arse to lots of people. Of course the copper has overeacted and now the parents want to sue. So there's the lesson, touch me and I'll sue your arse. Of course all those incovienenced by their tulipty offspring should sue the parents.

Having had a go at 5 lads the week before last who I caught pulling down signs for the new local park & who I have seen subsequently hanging around, lo and behold the park which has just had a £60k refit has already been vandalised. Some scrotes have set fire to one of the benches, the same benches these little scrotes seem to embed themselves in the evening. I'd love to catch them at.
          What happens in General, stays in General.
          You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Seems the police are not there to uphold the law - they think they are the law.

Where is JUdge Dredd?

Comment

I wasn't. The Police officer has a clean record, he has been an officer a number of years, in this instance he was a little rough. He didn't put the boot in while the suspect was on the ground, he used an accepted technique a little harshly.

He needed to be given an official warning, retraining and the force apologise to the scrote for him being over enthusiastic.

On numerous occasions they had put up with this regular customer, maybe they were just fed up with him, I frequently feel like battering some of my customers they just don't tend to carry knives or threaten me physically.

Comment

The court doesn't believe him. His own senior officer doesn't believe him. How come you people who don't know all the facts are willing to believe him?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  The court doesn't believe him. His own senior officer doesn't believe him. How come you people who don't know all the facts are willing to believe him?
                  Maybe we just think that more of the little bastards deserve a good hiding!

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    we aren't arguing he didn't misbehave, we were talking about the punishment, it was excessive for the facts presented. If he was guilty so were the other policemen laughing.

In my opinion it was a disciplinary matter not a criminal one, he caused excessive pain but he didn't quite commit a serious assault.

According to the reports there have been no previous sustained allegations of misbehaviour.

So he needed words of advice, maybe a formal HR warning.

If while restraining a burglar you had caused minor bruising and a nose bleed would you want a suspended sentence and lose your job? Or would you want a polite warning?

Comment

Working...
                    X