• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian MBA Grads..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indian MBA Grads..

Are rubbish, according to this. And 3 out of 4 engineering grads are unemployable.

And that's from Infosys lol.

Then with a starting salary of 4k no wonder it's good to go for an ICT.

Why pick on Indians? I've never met an MBA grad from anywhere that I'd judge capable of running a cock up in a brothel.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

I worked with a bob who had an MBA. Did not have a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
        At one clientco there were two people in my room doing MBAs and they constantly talked about how difficult it was and how challenging the questions are, so I asked to see some of the questions for an assessment. Really,

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          Why pick on Indians? I've never met an MBA grad from anywhere that I'd judge capable of running a cock up in a brothel.
          Although I agree, I didn't pick on them, perhaps you should ask the BBC?

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
            I've met a few people with MBAs who were in their 20s from various countrires and I couldn't work out what was the point. They had no experience so their MBA was useless.

However I know older managers with MBAs who studied for them later when they were already a manager. I don't know if this helped them in the job but it did enable them to get promoted higher.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I've never put much stock in qualifications but that's probably because I am not an academic genius, I just work hard
              In Scooter we trust

Comment

Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
                I've never put much stock in qualifications but that's probably because I am not an academic genius, I just work hard
                Then you're doing something wrong. I never put much stock in qualifications, I am not an academic genius and I don't work hard at all, but I still get a decent hourly rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                  Then you're doing something wrong. I never put much stock in qualifications, I am not an academic genius and I don't work hard at all, but I still get a decent hourly rate.
                  Mich you always manage to make me smile, maybe in time it'll get easier after this gig. I guess when I say I work hard I should rephrase it to "I worked hard to get to where I am" things are definitely a lot easier since I became a contractor but then I'm working outside the UK at the moment that may change when I eventually return.
                  In Scooter we trust

Comment

The MBA is all about which business school you get into and the top ones will demand that you have a record in management, in the top schools you will be made to work for your qualification, the courses will also cost plenty as they bring in top business people for course segments.

These MBAs the bobs are bringing to the table are not worth a bag of tulip.

People used to joke about people buying doctorates like Ian Paisley but now when HR departments do not know the difference between a good UK degree and a bit of paper from the back of a mud hut in Jaipur then it is not so funny.

Comment

Working...
                    X