• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question for CarolB

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question for CarolB

Did you ever get your quid back off the Post Office?

Post Office

Latest is:

The clerk involved has been sacked and is likely to be facing criminal charges.

Also currently dealing with Postwatch regarding compensation from Post Office Counters.

Cannot really say any more at this point.

Comment

Re: Post Office

"The clerk involved has been sacked and is likely to be facing criminal charges."

Imagine my surprise........

Nah - It's done to death.

Comment

...criminal charges,

did he attack you

Comment

So there I was working quietly in the Post Office when this transvestite bloke walks in mumbles something about parcels and gives me gyp about a quid.
          You could tell he was a bloke although he was wearing a dress. He smelled terrible and was carrying a box of Kleenex.
          Well anyway I give him hell back and next thing I know they've sacked me.

Comment

Revenge is a dish best served cold

Also currently dealing with Postwatch regarding compensation from Post Office Counters.
            I expect they will offer to settle out of court for a quid. 61p to fund the royal family and the remaining 39p is all yours.

Comment

Post Office

...criminal charges,
              did he attack you
              If you recall, the clerk involved was a woman. She was dismissed for opening and reading the letter, the evidence against her was irrefutable really.

Comment

So this woman, with four kids no doubt, will now be on the rock-and-roll (i.e. incapacity) for the next 10 yrs due to stress related illness.

Thanks Carol. More tax wasted. >:

Comment

Be fair, DP, they did want to charge Carol a quid for there not being the correct postage on her letter.

Comment

Rock n Roll or Jailhouse Rock?

It all depends on the CPS, but as I said the evidence speaks for itself so she is very likely to be charged. She could expect up to two years in the big house from what I've been told.

Is that likely to cost more than being 'on the sick'?

At least I know my tax dollars are directed at righting the wrongs

Comment

Working...
                    X