• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tory MP Visiting ClientCo

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tory MP Visiting ClientCo

No, not Mary Poppins, but the actual local MP is visiting ClientCo today, assuming I am not locked in a cupboard by HR to avoid embrassement can someone please help me frame the perfect question on their campaign against PSC's and those (include some at the BBC) who are entitled to use them?
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Why are you going to get a chance to ask them anything?

But how about "Why do you think that just because I earn twice as much as these oiks, I should have to pay the same percentage as taxes?"
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
    Originally posted by vetran
    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
      Why are you going to get a chance to ask them anything?

But how about "Why do you think that just because I earn twice as much as these oiks, I should have to pay the same percentage as taxes?"
      He's walking around the office so I'm gonna hijack the conversation given the chance, my original question was "I am new to contracting, do you have any tips for maximising the expenses that I claim for?"
      Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
      I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
        No, not Mary Poppins, but the actual local MP is visiting ClientCo today, assuming I am not locked in a cupboard by HR to avoid embrassement can someone please help me frame the perfect question on their campaign against PSC's and those (include some at the BBC) who are entitled to use them?
        No matter what question we give you, when you come to ask it you'll just say 'Erm, yes, my name, is erm, Simon, yes, Simon errr Mac, Hello, errr, emmm, never mind, errrr, erm, pffffffffftttttttt'.

In fact, you're this guy,

What happens in General, stays in General.
        You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Ask him if he can get HMRC to confirm how many contractors they have working there (at HMRC, I mean), who are using PSC's.
          Last edited by cailin maith; 12 October 2012, 08:21. Reason: Clarity
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Ask him if he is from Planet Zog like the rest of them and do they have a double taxation agreement with HMRC?

Comment

He's walking around the office so I'm gonna hijack the conversation given the chance, my original question was "I am new to contracting, do you have any tips for maximising the expenses that I claim for?"
              What a clever quip. Except that the expenses scandal is old news AND it doesn't even make sense since an MP is an employee.
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

I once met Tony Blair while at a client co.

Whatever you think of his politics the man certainly had presence and charm.

You don't meet many people who have "that certain something" but he had it.

Comment

Are there any plans to clarify tax for PSCs, as you are uncomfortable basing your tax payments on opinion and case law.

You just want a fact based check list as you are running a business not a high court.

Maybe they can look at the Australian IR35 system which was based entirely on fact.
                  Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    I once met Tony Blair while at a client co.

Whatever you think of his politics the man certainly had presence and charm.

You don't meet many people who have "that certain something" but he had it.
                    so did Hesseltine & Branson, doesn't mean I trust them.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Working...
                    X