• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Permies about to be destroyed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permies about to be destroyed

I have two Permies on my project. The BA and the PM. So far I have ignored the nonsense they talk because they have not affected my deliverable. They don't do much. I get a lot done. I set the direction. I manage myself and the other two devs (who are also work shy).

Recently we are nearing the go live. The permies are trying to get more involved, raising their profiles because the hard work is done and success is now apparently likely. I'm starting to get dropped off emails. I wouldn't care but their weak play is starting to impact my delivery. They are starting to tap my contacts for work- p1ssing them off and ruining the relationships I've built , relationships that I need to deliver software developed in the real world. I cant get sh1t done quickly anymore because these people are squeezing my contacts - the real team

This bank let's long term Permies get out of their depth to give them opportunities. It's gonna turn ugly

let us know what happens

Comment

It's Friday again then.
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post
        I have two Permies on my project. The BA and the PM. So far I have ignored the nonsense they talk because they have not affected my deliverable. They don't do much. I get a lot done. I set the direction. I manage myself and the other two devs (who are also work shy).

Recently we are nearing the go live. The permies are trying to get more involved, raising their profiles because the hard work is done and success is now apparently likely. I'm starting to get dropped off emails. I wouldn't care but their weak play is starting to impact my delivery. They are starting to tap my contacts for work- p1ssing them off and ruining the relationships I've built , relationships that I need to deliver software developed in the real world. I cant get sh1t done quickly anymore because these people are squeezing my contacts - the real team

This bank let's long term Permies get out of their depth to give them opportunities. It's gonna turn ugly
        You should have see this comming (we did) and planned for it.

What is your stategy for finishing a project, as thing get to the finish line people change their tactics.

I had one PM we called him teflon man, a couple of weeks before the project was finished he would go around handing over any task he had not completed, then say he was finished early.
        Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by aussielong View Post

You realise that you will take the blame. The situation doesn't look good.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
            Do *you* realise that the situation is a figment of aussielong's imagination?

Just asking, like...

Comment

Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
              Ha! Thanks for that.

It will not fail. Blame will not be necessary.

Getting there is now going to be harder, due to idiots.

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post
                Do *you* realise that the situation is a figment of aussielong's imagination?

Just asking, like...
                ????

What would be my motivation to make this up?

Comment

Wilmslow has emigrated
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post

let us know what happens
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X