• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Me on Annual Leave for a week...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me on Annual Leave for a week...

Yes, I'm a Permie (well, near enough, as long as the client needs my employer, a managed service company, which is until June, they need my services). I've never even SEEN my head office. The client INTERVIEWED me. The client is the only workplace I know.

Now, for the next week, NONE of you are going to be able to equal my ratio of earnings to hours worked...becuase you can't top (my net weekly salary/zero hours worked =Infinity).

Ok, the unemployed math's bods amongst you, I'm sure, are going to come back with (zero/zero = infinity)

I await the barrage of insults, smart-ass commentary, cries of "You're no contractor, son, I get 26 weeks holiday!" and general inanity that is this forum. You're right, and it's YOU I envy for raking in more than 5k a month after tax when you do work.

But ya know what? Tis all good, BRING it. I'll be getting paid, and layin' in the shade, sippin' a glass of lemonade, while you are all sweating your nuts(or knockers, even more gratifyingly) off over a keyboard.

Seriously though now...good luck to you all.

So, how shall I spend next week?

Hitting the weights?

Hitting the pub on what would otherwise be a school night?

Getting some cardio in?

Learning how to spreadbet the markets?

Catching up on all three seasons of 'Lie To Me'?

Reading my line manager's only book?

Trying new omelette recipes?

Sleeping till 3pm?

Avoiding CUK?

How about...

ALL OF THE ABOVE!

Nurse, he's out of bed again.
    Me, me, me...

Comment

I get quite a substantial income from software license sales. Even when I'm asleep. So in one week of "annual leave", I'm still getting more income than you, you sad, lowly permie.
      Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Ten minutes of music in an A list movie bought the house, car, equipped the studio and will have me drunk for a decade. Go fck yerself.

OP that is.
        Me, me, me...

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
          I get quite a substantial income from software license sales. Even when I'm asleep. So in one week of "annual leave", I'm still getting more income than you, you sad, lowly permie.
          +1 although in my case its monthly subscription fees and that's before I put any effort into selling it.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by Cliphead View Post
            Ten minutes of music in an A list movie bought the house, car, equipped the studio and will have me drunk for a decade. Go fck yerself.

OP that is.
            What was the film dude?
            "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

OP that is.
              Drunk for a decade? Can I top you up?

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
                What was the film dude?
                It's two now and a third in the works.

Dinnae want to mention to be honest cos a court case resulted in the first but settled without litigation going all the way. The second was a collaboration and the third will be my first score all on my lonesome.

Guaranteed you'll have seen the movies and / or heard the music.

Sorry to be so vague.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

It's two now and a third in the works.

Dinnae want to mention to be honest cos a court case resulted in the first but settled without litigation going all the way. The second was a collaboration and the third will be my first score all on my lonesome.

Guaranteed you'll have seen the movies and / or heard the music.

Sorry to be so vague.
                  Debbie Does Dallas
                  Debbie Does Dallas Again

What's the third one going to be called?
                  What happens in General, stays in General.
                  You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
                    What's the third one going to be called?
                    Miramax will decide.
                    Me, me, me...

Comment

Working...
                    X