• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People who say 'Good evening' to someone who's a bit late

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People who say 'Good evening' to someone who's a bit late

One of the guys just arrived, 0910 Dutch time, having driven through some pretty heavy traffic to get here. You know how he feels; knackered, needing a cup of coffee and just wants to quietly get on with his work, but of course there's always a smartypants, in every office in the world, and as the guy walks in and summons up whatever good cheer he has left after the drive to work, he says 'good morning', as you do. Of course, smartypants 'scrum master', who arrived only 5 minutes earlier, says 'Good evening' in his usual sarcastic fashion. Now I know that smacking people in the chops at work is highly unprofessional, but I'm tempted.
    FFS, if someone's late once in a while, give him break; he's probably had a pretty stressful morning and doesn't need some sarcastic pillock making smarty-arsed remarks.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

So you're outraged on behalf of someone else! Are you backed up by any chance?
    But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Hey Mich, sounds to me like you're just looking for an excuse.

Just saying, like...

Comment

I do hope Mr late is going to make up the time.......

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
          One of the guys just arrived, 0910 Dutch time, having driven through some pretty heavy traffic to get here. You know how he feels; knackered, needing a cup of coffee and just wants to quietly get on with his work, but of course there's always a smartypants, in every office in the world, and as the guy walks in and summons up whatever good cheer he has left after the drive to work, he says 'good morning', as you do. Of course, smartypants 'scrum master', who arrived only 5 minutes earlier, says 'Good evening' in his usual sarcastic fashion. Now I know that smacking people in the chops at work is highly unprofessional, but I'm tempted.
          FFS, if someone's late once in a while, give him break; he's probably had a pretty stressful morning and doesn't need some sarcastic pillock making smarty-arsed remarks.
          Sounds like D+C to me. Burn the disguised permie!
          And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Slap your massive dick down on his desk and shout, 'Read it and weep, sunshine.'

He won't bother you again.
            The material prosperity of a nation is not an abiding possession; the deeds of its people are.

George Frederic Watts

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Postman's_Park

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Good evening Mich, bloody part timer.

Comment

Nice of you to join us, sticky bed heh?
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

You may well be on an English speaking project but just because the Europeans speak english doesn't mean they have an english sense of humor
                  The last Dutch PM that I had didn't even say good morning or good evening he just arrived at my desk at 9:05 and said "BS you are late for the meeting"

Comment

The other one that pisses me off is when someone comes in early and some one thinks they are original by saying "tulip the bed?"

N

Comment

Working...
                    X