• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Help - Running out of "Inspector Montalbano" episodes to watch!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help - Running out of "Inspector Montalbano" episodes to watch!

Been watching an episode of Inspector Montalbano each evening in my lodgings (Series 1 and 2, in Italian) and there are only two more episodes to go, and Series 3 isn't out until next year!

Excellent plots, based on a series of novels I think, and great scenery. Perhaps I'll go on holiday to Sicily next year.

I'm wondering what to watch next, having also been through every Wallander episode a few months ago. (The weird thing about Wallander is that, like Sherlock Holmes, several people seem to have played the title role, including Kenneth Branagh. I think I must have watched the original Swedish version though.)

Maybe I'll stick to English language series for a while, because one can have them on in the background and work on a laptop at the same time without having to concentrate on subtitles.
    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    Been watching an episode of Inspector Montalbano each evening in my lodgings (Series 1 and 2, in Italian) and there are only two more episodes to go, and Series 3 isn't out until next year!

Excellent plots, based on a series of novels I think, and great scenery. Perhaps I'll go on holiday to Sicily next year.

I'm wondering what to watch next, having also been through every Wallander episode a few months ago. (The weird thing about Wallander is that, like Sherlock Holmes, several people seem to have played the title role, including Kenneth Branagh. I think I must have watched the original Swedish version though.)

Maybe I'll stick to English language series for a while, because one can have them on in the background and work on a laptop at the same time without having to concentrate on subtitles.
    Try Homeland
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Comment

Originally posted by alreadypacked View Post

Try Homeland
      Hmm, paranoia and espionage, and English language (of a kind)

Yup, ticks all the right boxes for me - Thanks, I'll order that!
      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Spiral (in French) is good as well, as was The Bridge (Swedish/Danish thing that was on BBC4 a while back)
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post

It's a few years old now, but if you haven't seen it before I can recommend Series 3 of Murphy's Law. Series 1 & 2 weren't up to much (kind of an un-noteworthy light comedy more than a drama), and series 4 & 5 were both pretty good. But Series 3 was a masterpiece, and the first time it became a credible drama.

If you fancy it, you can get it on YouTube.

Comment

Working...
          X