• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Muppets

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Muppets

Daily Wail:

On Monday this week the same magazine said that Mrs Merkel is actively plotting for an EU without Britain in it and thinks David Cameron and the British are the Statler and Waldorf of Europe, it was claimed yesterday.
    The German chancellor apparently likens the Prime Minister to the grumpy Muppets who constantly grumble from the sidelines.
    Der Spiegel:

That, of course, assumes that Britain, which is not a member of the euro zone and which often opposes steps towards closer European integration, will play along. If it doesn't, it won't be possible to change the EU treaties. Euro zone governments would have to come up with a separate treaty as they recently did with the fiscal pact. It wouldn't be an optimal solution, but it wouldn't be acceptable.

The British should not underestimate Schäuble's determination to solve the euro crisis. Chancellor Angela Merkel backs the proposals even though Schäuble admits: "The chancellor is still a little more cautious than me." He added with a smile: "That's also why she is a little more successful than me."
    B92:

Chancellor Angela Merkel has compared British PM David Cameron and the British with Muppet Show's grumpy hecklers Statler and Waldorf.

Sources in Berlin were quoted as saying by the German magazine Der Spiegel that Merkel saw Cameron and his compatriots as "Statlers and Waldorfs of Europe", who constantly complain from the sidelines.

The report claims that the German chancellor was "already tired of British complaints about the direction in which the European Union is going".
    Which one are you:

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

I ******* hate them, especially that miss piggy. She should be made into bacon rashers on a barmie with HP sauce. And they always had no mark yanks on the show no one over here had ever heard of!

Now Animal, he's great and would get an invite to my party. Oh..................
    I couldn't give two fornicators! Yes, really!

Comment

One thing I give it to the English is how sleek liars they are. Judging mostly from dealing with agents but still.

Comment

Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Working...
        X