• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Unemployment down again

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unemployment down again

UK unemployment down again.

Except in Scotland.

Temporary employment for the olympic games , or some fudging of figures to remove some subset of people (students perhaps?) I reckon.

From what I'm seeing , opportunities for work are still diminishing

Great news if it's true though

Comment

Jobs won't be required in the People's Republic of Scotland. Everyone will live off benefits thanks to oil money.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
        We're talking about a govermint statistic.

What's "truth" got to do with that?
        Well your lot are in charge aren't they?

Comment

Employment/Unemployment is all a bit simplistic really isn't it?

If 100,000 professional workers on an average of £50K all lose their jobs and find work stacking shelves and flipping burgers part time on min wage we are supposed to be grateful and excited?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post

If 100,000 professional workers on an average of £50K all lose their jobs and find work stacking shelves and flipping burgers part time on min wage we are supposed to be grateful and excited?

It works for SASGuru
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

I dunno, are you?
              Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
                Temporary employment for the olympic games , or some fudging of figures to remove some subset of people (students perhaps?) I reckon.

From what I'm seeing , opportunities for work are still diminishing

Great news if it's true though
                truth is lefties are incapable of creating any "real" jobs
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by doomage View Post
                  I dunno, are you?
                  Yes. And would you like fries with that?

Comment

Yes. And would you like fries with that?

I'd love some fries with that, unfortunately I'm too busy stacking shelves.
                    Keeping calm. Keeping invoicing.

Comment

Working...
                    X