• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Call me Ishmael...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Call me Ishmael...

...161 years since the creation of "Moby Dick".

Which books written today(or in the past 5 years) do you think will stand the tests of time and be popular and readable 161 years from now?

xoggoth Tales eBook: xavier O'goth: Amazon.co.uk: Kindle Store

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

Which books written today(or in the past 5 years) do you think will stand the tests of time and be popular and readable 161 years from now?
      Good question, and very difficult... we think of Moby Dick et al as classics but when they were written were they simply another decent read?
      Originally posted by MaryPoppins
      I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
      Originally posted by vetran
      Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

But the classics shouldn't be called classics, just because. I read Homers Oddyssey and the IIiad, and, well, fook me, it took a long time, and wasn't an easy read.

Ben Hur? Meant to be a classic and to be frank, it took me about 5 attempts to read it.

It's actually very subjective too. I like to read old travel books about places I have been to, just to see what has actually changed. I think some humourous travel books will stand the test of time, well, for people like me.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
          I think some humourous travel books will stand the test of time, well, for people like me.
          Have you read this one?

Molvania: A Land Untouched by Modern Dentistry Jetlag Travel Guide: Amazon.co.uk: Santo Cilauro, Tom Gleisner, Rob Sitch: Books

Very funny.
          Bazza gets caught
          Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Moby-Duck-Tr...dp/1908526025/
            Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
            I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

No, not yet, but just ordered. £1.58 delivered!

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
                No, not yet, but just ordered. £1.58 delivered!

Cheers
                There are a couple of other in the series too. Phaic Tan and another one I can't quite remember the name of.

The kind you can pick up and put down randomly.
                Bazza gets caught
                Socrates - "The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."

CUK University Challenge Champions 2010

Comment

Originally posted by SupremeSpod View Post

A Dummies guide to being a contractor
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    A Dummies guide to being a contractor
                    Anyone else laughing?

Thought not.

Comment

Working...
                    X