• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pirates move to the cloud

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pirates move to the cloud

I never really liked The Pirates, I prefer KA.

I this only delaying, will they find a way of shuting them down?

BBC News - The Pirate Bay moves to the cloud to avoid shutdown
    Last edited by alreadypacked; 18 October 2012, 08:44.
    Fiscal nomad it's legal.

Someone I know had a pootle around when they went cloud and it's a lot better, apparently....

Comment

All hail piratebay...

It was funny when ISPs in the UK blocked the URL. Pointless that was.

Took about 1 sec for mirror sites to start appearing which somewhat made the whole exercise pretty pointless.

Also, not sure if its true, but the publicity of it being blocked increased the traffic by several times. Bit like the old Relax single in the 80s - being banned by the radio was the best thing that ever happened to it!
      Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

If you are using a proxy service it'd be even more untraceable than it is now.
        ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Also on the register with some great comments as to what it means.
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Working...
          X