• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency is going into liquidation!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency is going into liquidation!

I'm signed up to one of those credit check services and have my current agency automatically tracked on it.

They warned me about an "adverse risk event" so did a credit check and it turns out they have appointed a liquidator to carry out a creditors' voluntary liqudation at the end of the month

Anyway spoke to my contact at the agency and they are "Changing their name" but I have had nothing in writing yet. Presumably some sort of phoenixing or assignment, I had a quick look at my contract but it is quite silent on what happens if the agency goes pop..

I'm on weekly invoicing so things are up to date financially, but obviously I am keen to keep an eye on this!

Reckon I should get the CV updated? Or speak to clientco about it just in case I need to come direct?

If you work for a financial agency based in the City then search the London Gazette and you might see it.

Wow... Very nicely spotted. Can you get more detail from them about this. Are they being aquired so just a restructuring of the company or is there something a bit stranger going on? I don't think it unreasonable to give them a grilling about it. They shouldn't have anything to hide so can't see why they wouldn't give you some sort of context?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Would you care to share what service you are using to track this? Purely because I'm interested to look into this myself, sounds pretty smart.

Comment

I am using checksure.biz to do the actual alerting, which is free.

You only get notified in general terms of an event, but are told the category (new accounts, new mortgage, etc). Also "adverse credit events". If you see something odd you can just then run a credit check (although checksure aren't the cheapest for one off credit checks)

Also if you want to buy any submitted documents (abbrev accounts, etc) you can always get them from Co House for £1.

Comment

Originally posted by oversteer View Post
          I'm signed up to one of those credit check services and have my current agency automatically tracked on it.

They warned me about an "adverse risk event" so did a credit check and it turns out they have appointed a liquidator to carry out a creditors' voluntary liqudation at the end of the month

Anyway spoke to my contact at the agency and they are "Changing their name" but I have had nothing in writing yet. Presumably some sort of phoenixing or assignment, I had a quick look at my contract but it is quite silent on what happens if the agency goes pop..

I'm on weekly invoicing so things are up to date financially, but obviously I am keen to keep an eye on this!

Reckon I should get the CV updated? Or speak to clientco about it just in case I need to come direct?

If you work for a financial agency based in the City then search the London Gazette and you might see it.
          You are taking next week off aren't you? No point increasing the risk beyond the bear minimum.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            You are taking next week off aren't you? No point increasing the risk beyond the bear minimum.

*bare

Comment

Care to name the Agency?

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
                Care to name the Agency?
                WHS ^^
                When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by AJ1982 View Post
                  Care to name the Agency?
                  Unfair. He wants to get paid (and lucky to be on weekly invoicing)

I'd polish up the cv anyway and test the waters.
                  +50 Xeno Geek Points
                  Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                  As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Should keeping an eye on the agency like this go on some official "how to be cut out like a contractor" guide?
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Working...
                    X