• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Discrimination a right?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Discrimination a right?

It's an interesting debate, in that if your faith dictates you abhor, and don't agree with certain activities, practices, should you be forced by law to ignore your faith?

I'd be interested to see what would happen if homosexuals turned up in a muslim B&B and that was taken to court.

Do you think there is a right to put your views on a paying public as a business, or do you think as a business, you have to operate to the governing rules of the day, no matter how they offend your beliefs.

P.S. Would love to see Griffin rock up to a Muslim B&B

Right to discriminate
    Last edited by Old Hack; 19 October 2012, 11:06.

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
    It's an interesting debate, in that if your faith dictates you abhor, and don't agree with certain activities, practices, should you be forced by law to ignore your faith?

I'd be interested to see what would happen if homosexuals turned up in a muslim B&B and that was taken to court.

Do you think there is a right to put your views on a paying public as a business, or do you think as a business, you have to operate to the governing rules of the day, no matter how they offend your beliefs.

Right to discriminate
    Surely as a business man you follow a simple rule that the customer is always right. If they annoy you, you can refuse to deal with them in the future but politeness would force me to look the other way until they disappear.

after all its was a max of two nights. You live with it and then refuse them when if they ask to stay again.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Right to discriminate
      Some clever stuff here.

So you are basically a Muslim homo?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Surely as a business man you follow a simple rule that the customer is always right. If they annoy you, you can refuse to deal with them in the future but politeness would force me to look the other way until they disappear.

after all its was a max of two nights. You live with it and then refuse them when if they ask to stay again.
        I agree, that if it offends, then deal with it, don't take the booking again, but holistically, do you have a right to discriminate? I have seen Ladies only spas, Ladies only nights in Gyms, etc, etc. Surely there comes a stage where these will be challenged. As a business, yes, you want to maximise your profit, but do you do this at the expense of your beliefs?

Me? No problems whatsoever, and being a contractor, I am inherently greedy, so my moral standing is weakened by not having any. But it does raise an interesting point.

Comment

I agree, that if it offends, then deal with it, don't take the booking again, but holistically, do you have a right to discriminate? I have seen Ladies only spas, Ladies only nights in Gyms, etc, etc. Surely there comes a stage where these will be challenged. As a business, yes, you want to maximise your profit, but do you do this at the expense of your beliefs?

Me? No problems whatsoever, and being a contractor, I am inherently greedy, so my moral standing is weakened by not having any. But it does raise an interesting point.
          Stop hanging around ladies Only spas n gyms. Yes you can tuck it under but your bum fluff gives it away

Comment

Its their right to refuse to stay there. The muslims cant make them.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              Its their right to refuse to stay there. The muslims cant make them.
              It's actually their right to stay there, hence the thread

Comment

Nick Griffin has once again shown himself a twat, he is correct the people have the right to refuse entry to anyone into their own home, but the BnB in question was not a home, it's a business so subject to a different set of laws.
                Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
                I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

It's actually their right to stay there, hence the thread
                  Why would they want to?

Comment

If she does not want them she should not have to take them, it is her business and her property. She is not providing a public service.

Charging her 3,600 is a feckin joke and shows you how deranged this country is when sexual preference is above religion.

Comment

Working...
                    X