• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Knee jerk of the year so far?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Knee jerk of the year so far?

Slightly disproportionate....

Nobody will be beating the M6 terrorism incident this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Hack View Post
      That hardly measures against the impact the new IR35 rules on all contracts over £220 a day will have on Government IT projects. See http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ntracting.html

Unfortunately the sheer scale of the consequences will really only become obvious sometime after march next year.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I hope you mean he should have been locked up for longer!

I was there watching the boat race along with thousands of others, what right does he have to interfere with the enjoyment of so many (a point I think the judge made).

The cruelest thing about it was the fact that the boat crews had trained for this for months and months, put in so much commitment and dedication, god knows how many 6am training sessions, lactate sessions on an ergo etc. They didnt deserve to have all their once in a lifetime hopes and dashed by the stupid antics of an idiot.

Comment

I disagree, I think that his motives were sound and the wellbeing of a nation as a whole is more important than a sporting event.

Comment

He shouldn't be going to jail.

Just a hefty fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Scoobos View Post
              I disagree, I think that his motives were sound and the wellbeing of a nation as a whole is more important than a sporting event.
              We probably need to turn to Brillo for thoughts on making a total prat of yourself for a cause?
              Originally posted by MaryPoppins
              I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
              Originally posted by vetran
              Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

Forgive me if I am wrong but this isn't his only brush with the law when protesting though is it? When it happened at the time the commented on his other activities in the name of protesting. I can't find any articles on it though. If he has a history of doing this and won't stop then no it isn't a knee jerk reaction.

Even if it is this guy needs to know he won't be tolerated so anything less wouldn't have been a deterant.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  That hardly measures against the impact the new IR35 rules on all contracts over £220 a day will have on Government IT projects. See http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...ntracting.html

Unfortunately the sheer scale of the consequences will really only become obvious sometime after march next year.
                  I have been in discussions with the agents and fellow contractors on site with my current client, and the general news from the agency, is that as long as you run your Ltd company in legal fashion, then there is nothing to change, it's business as normal.

EDIT

I just got off the phone with my agency, coincidentally, and the view from them, and the client, is that as long as you are meeting your tax obligations, as a Limited Company, then they believe that's fine. They went on to say obviously this would be different in my case, for 'I' pay it at source, but as long as you pay corporation tax, income tax, and NIC's, everything is fine.

They're clearing some small loose ends up, and will issue a final ruling on it on Monday, which I will post.
                  Last edited by Old Hack; 19 October 2012, 14:08.

Comment

If they gave him 2 weeks then there would have been a dozen folk down next year waiting to jump in with a t-shirt advertising their cause.

There is a deterrent aspect in the 6 months.

Comment

Working...
                    X