• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where do you buy your general off work clothes?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where do you buy your general off work clothes?

Been having real problems lately finding clothes that are good quality and reasonable price.

Today I went down the high street, and I go in one shop and a t-shirt is cheapish £10 and it looks like a thin piece of crap cloth, neck looks badly formed and stretched. Probably cost £2 to make. The next shop is selling similar ones for £30, they look about £2.50 worth.

Is there anywhere left that sells anything worth having?

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
    Been having real problems lately finding clothes that are good quality and reasonable price.

Today I went down the high street, and I go in one shop and a t-shirt is cheapish £10 and it looks like a thin piece of crap cloth, neck looks badly formed and stretched. Probably cost £2 to make. The next shop is selling similar ones for £30, they look about £2.50 worth.

Sainsbury's is usually decent quality especially when you compare it to M&S,
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Did you complain it was a bit tight fitting as well.... that is the style of tee's at the moment. If you don't like those there is always Burtons or George from Asda.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Paul smith jeans cos they fit me and last well, everything else from outdoor shops, usually overseas, and I occasionally get t shirts as gifts.
        While you're waiting, read the free novel we sent you. It's a Spanish story about a guy named 'Manual.'

Comment

Primark. Where else is there?
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Primark. Where else is there?
            Not been in there often, and it seemed to resemble a jumble sale when I did. Dont think its really for me.

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Sainsbury's is usually decent quality especially when you compare it to M&S,
            Have got the odd thing from there in the past, seems ok but not much choice. kinda 80% for women.

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post

Might have cost less too. Last year I was working with a chap who used to be chief clothes buyer for a sportswear wholesaler. They could get good looking designer shirts made of nice cloth with good stitching etc into the country for about 7 dollars apiece. They'd sell them on at a tidy profit but nowhere near the price the shops sold them at.
              Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Hawkshead do some decent basics (especially if you wait for the sales)
                +50 Xeno Geek Points
                Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
                As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

jacamo, although sometimes i find their clothes a bit tight

Comment

Contractor attire

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                    X